What's your TECHNO setup

I’ve used the same setup and love it! The nyx is otherwordly.

Here’s mine. A4 (mainly drums, sequencing, FX), DT (samples), DFAM (percussion, weird noises) and 0-Coast, plus not pictured an AH for spicing things up:

I sometimes add other stuff too, but tend to gravitate around this lot.

7 Likes

There’s a Quadraverb off to the side but this is my little techno (and pretty much whatever else I want to do) island.
If I’m doing techno with it I tend to only use 3 things at a time or I use the Digitakt very minimally alongside the analogue gear.

30 Likes

Nice! Case looks like you play out live with this?

Not yet, but it is part of the plan.

Occasionaly iPad added too.

21 Likes

@rob_lee do you actually make music or do you just shuffle gear around?

4 Likes

Actually I’m using a mackie 1202 vlz4 as my mixer, with a kaoss pad 3 in the 3/4 aux.

• Digitakt for my drums, some samples and master. A lot of the times I sequence there the bass of any other machine. This way I can have kick and bass mute control in the same place.
  • Electribe EMX as my substractive synth, and sometimes i use the drums samples to make weird percs sounds. Currently I sent it to put new tubes, and make it the mute mod.
  • Digitone: As my FM synth, and “acid” machine
  • TT-303 mk2, with a MXR Distortion Plus and a Copy Carbon for delay.

Sometimes to reduce the set I only take 3 machines with me but lately i’m thinking to change the digitakt for another drum machine, because when i’m making acid the lack of kits it’s a hassle when I want simple 909 drums but changing a lot of patterns through the live. The TR-8s seems very nice for this kind of things, better than Analog Rytm, I’m very used to do my own kicks so I could put them inside the roland.

1 Like

Love that session :ok_hand:

1 Like

Octatrack, however I may just keep the MPC X for the next 20yrs like I did the 2000XL… hard to part with an Akai it does come in hand.
IMO the old Akai’s were more solid in the midi timing department than the new age stuff… just my thoughts of course. I had all my synths hooked up last week sequenced ny the MPC X and there was clearly midi drift but I still like Akai stuff so I’ll save for an Octatrack later this year.

2 Likes

No Iv’e just started doing music, I’m here for advice as I bought my first synths in the last few weeks.
Mainly looking for pro users to put me right.
Nice setup btw :+1:

2 Likes

Any reason you want the tr8s over mc707? Seems like that would give you the extra synth flex

Don’t know how much ‘techno’ i make but my setup currently:

• PreSonus 32SC
  • Digitakt / Digitone / Heat
  • Macbook / Push 2
  • Fantom 8
  • DeepMind 12d
  • Sirin

I also have this in my setup right now but I’m thinking of saying goodbye

• MPC Live (I’m sick of Akai)
  • MC 101 (doesn’t offer anything not on Fantom. Bought it as a mobile sound module)
  • Eventide Eclipse (I don’t play live and can get good sounds itb)

I’m cutting back most of my setup to be itb. I don’t mind running midi from there and don’t play live.

The Tr-8s have the acb technology, mc707 doesn’t, the tr-8s is cheaper on the second hand market, and i don’t need what mc707 has to offer.

I prefer a box for specific task instead of one box for multiple task.

Same here!

1 Like

This is why I have MBase and Brane 11 because I like certain things for certain tasks, the rest of the drums I just use samples. Just the way I prefer. Also because Iv’e never found any modules like the Jomox that does claps/hats. Iv’e only found these things in ridiculously priced euro rack modules.

1 Like

Do you find that you use the Squarp more often then not, as your midi sequencing command centre?

Doh. Forgot about the acb. That makes perfect sense

1 Like

25 Likes

That’s all you need… very nice setup there. That DJ mixer is nice but expensive :+1:

1 Like