What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

To make the AH hotter! :pl:

You can see the cables!

2 Likes

Pumping up my MD, not so subtly :wink:

16 Likes

:metal:t3:

D…U…D…E…that is insane…!!!

2 Likes

Isn’t it through AH too? (filtering)?

Yes indeed.

MD > LPB2ube > AH (filter, no or little overdrive)
And 2 fx sends: Space (distorted reverb) and I think an H9 delay.

I have a clean demonstration of MD and LPB2ube here: Machinedrum + analog filter/overdrive - experience

1 Like

This is sick.

1 Like

Got this handmade 4 osc monosynth made also from repurposed materials by tim kaiser (dot org). I love the stuff he builds, classic style

. Thought it would strangely compliment my Elektron boxes. Used it on my last gig. Doesn’t sound all that great, but it’s “functional art” man!

17 Likes

Sold all my Overdrives and Distortions. Got these to make amends.

Burnley = It’s the Harley Davidson of Distortion.
Wessex = Overdrive.

Pros: Everything, and Noiseless.
Cons: foot switch so hard you need construction boots.

Intentions: Bring the joy of Christmas tunes to the deaf and hearing impaired.

17 Likes

Interesting that Ibanez used a stop tail bridge for this model of archtop.

I just saw that they sell now for EUR888 coming from EUR1999 at Thomann … unbelievable. Is it extreme reduction … or are the normal prices way over the top. Must be a bit of both I reckon … .

1 Like

:thinking: Same principle as yours, no? (Beautiful btw)
I don’t know how to call that kind of bridge.
I may add an Humbecker on my guitar…

5 Likes

Thanks! Yours is as well.

Mine has a wooden bridge rather than a metal one like yours.

1 Like

Normal price for a Deluxe EXL-1 in the US is $1700 which is in the middle between the most expensive and 2nd most expensive of the Eastman laminate-top archtops. D’Angelico does not make a competing factory model for the solid-top Eastman archtops, which are well over $2000, although they had a luthier in NYC making $7000+ D’Angelicos for a limited time.

Discount to less than $700 makes the Deluxe EXL-1 quite a steal. I’ve tried other hollow archtops that are normally priced at $700 or less and none of them are at the same level of quality with regards to tone or playability - imo of course

1 Like

Ordered the Analog 4 MKII and Rytm MKII. a couple of hours ago, looking forward to many nights of fun.

6 Likes

5 Likes

I just received my Analog 4 MKII an hour ago, the Rytm MKII comes tomorrow… Been flicking through the sounds, absolutely fantastic I may buy another A4 for some more poly lol

16 Likes

Didnt you just get the TD-3 ?! Slow down @Sureno , I guess you just couldn’t resist the Craving. :wink:

Just finally got this puppy working after racking my brain. Needed a simple headphone splitter cable. Now I’m in business. Intend on getting better results from my low end and free back massages.

11 Likes

“Slow down”??? What’s that :smirk: haha yeah it’s addictive lol

3 Likes