What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

OMX-27 it’s a little diy kit keyboard

1 Like

A new arrival to my setup came an hour ago, never had one of these for years but always loved the sound. Looks brand new. Already checked it out, no issues feels great and also came with a great little Gator case.

Intentions are to hook it up with the MPCX

8 Likes

These two just found their way to me recently. Biscuit from Elektronauts and a Monotribe from a local legend of the group HgichT ^^

Will sample some noisy drums for my MDUW through the Biscuit today and see if I can make use of the pitch-shifter for the VCO :slight_smile:

14 Likes

A red TD-3 just arrived. 75 euros. Quality feels alright, sounds good. You can’t complain about that.

2 Likes

LOL, Hauptschule!

4 Likes

Just got a msg from my dealer.

ADDAC 112 arrived and is ready to be shipped to me!

Going to put the grains into Beads for graining … :smiley:

1 Like

And a Yamaha RM1x

Thanks to @Fin25 and his realisation eurorack was killing productivity and not good for mental health I had a revaluation myself and told myself the same. Constantly looking at stuff I can’t afford expanding stuff I wasn’t using.

So bought a 40hp case and put my fav modules in and selling the rest. Back to my original plan, to put something together to use live with the opz and couldn’t be happier.

16 Likes

I had the monotribe a long time ago and it was quite fun! I regret selling it from time to time… And… a Biscuit! never had one but that’s appetizing!

Gullfoss is great and does magical stuff Soothe2 doesn’t. Soothe kinda does what Gullfoss’ Tame parameter does but with way more control. Definitely check out Gullfoss now while it’s on sale. I’m really liking it.

1 Like

Soothe2 sale just went live.

4 Likes

Really nice. Evolving in captivating ways.

1 Like

I had a Repeater too (and I also still have my Warp Factory). I bought the Repeater when Guitar Center was blowing them out for $300. I never even ended up using it - I sold it for $1k when pricing blew up on them.

1 Like

Thanks @michaeljk1963

Red Panda Raster 2 on its way to me.

9 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I bought Soothe2 a while back and read about Gullfoss in passing.

I specifically wanted Soothe2 as a resonance remover for hats/drums. Also for sounds with changing pitch which is almost impossible to do with normal EQ.

It worked for that purpose really well and I liked all of the control you had over what it did.

Gulfoss seemed more like magic sauce. I’ll give it a demo now though. Last time I was on a mission. This time I can just check it out for what it is.

1 Like

Find out which living entity resides in it.

23 Likes

oooh cheers!

1 Like

Korg SQ-1 from @craig, intentions are synced CV modulation, will be an easy fit into my current small euro system with the clock out from the Intellijel 1U midi (can even power it from the 1U USB power module!).

Also got a brand new UA Apollo X6 arriving tomorrow…

It’s something of an investment (to say the least) but I decided to double down on the UAD workflow, it’s been working for me. It will take me from 10 inputs to 18 (plus another 2 extra hi-z), and quadruple my UAD processing capacity. Plus I’ll be able to run my OctoPre into it at 24bit/96kHz as the X6 has two ADAT inputs (the Apollo Twin only has one so I’ve been limited to 48kHz).

Intentions are to no longer have to route things through other things, have more individual Rytm outs available and some hardware send/return FX.

6 Likes

Nice, I really rate Red Panda. I have the particle 2 and I’m amazed at the range of sounds it spits out. One day I should try controlling it with p-locked & sequenced cc’s from the OT.

2 Likes