What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Soooooo hot right now…

I’ve started my Boss single pedal collection. Nothing to write home about yet, but it’s a good start. I tend to get addicted to collecting certain things and this is definitely a potentially addictive hobby. Basically the GT-1000 Core does everything I need but sometimes you just need a simple delay or reverb with nothing extra. Also these are mostly quite affordable excluding the vintage ones and the WazaCraft ones. I can buy a new pedal every now and then.

Missing from the picture is my Boss SY-300 guitar synth which started this whole Boss addiction. It’s got an effects loop and these single pedals are just perfect to use in that place.

10 Likes

NTS-1, intention is to use it as an effects box.

7 Likes

Ah ok that makes more sense though. But hope it’s not necessary or a small repair

Fingers crossed!

My partner was impressed when i did that :joy::joy:

@igtheflig curious how you get on as have done the same thing but yet to jump into coding for it.

I’m still in the trial but in love with this: Empirical Labs Mike-E Comp | Softube

4 Likes

How do you find the Console 1?

I really like it. Started with Console 1 and then got the fader soon after. I already had a lot of the compatible UAD plug ins so that expands the palette somewhat but tbh I more often stick with the SSL emulation.

I use it for broad brush stroke type changes. If I need to get surgical with anything I will crack out some other EQs etc but I find myself doing this less and less, my mixes have improved, and Seem to come together a lot quicker. Whether that is a direct result of using Console Im not sure though.

Its also really could at the start of the process when sound designing. Keeps me away from diving into Ableton so much and keeps me in the hardware zone.

Its a keeper for sure.

4 Likes

Amazing, that’s really exactly what i was hoping to hear. I’m sort of i between ozone and softube but really prefer a hardware feel and softube just sounds great. Hmmm. Thanks for that.

2 Likes

Just wanna chime in here regarding Console 1… i got mine about a week ago and so far I am loving the entire workflow with it. It’s so intuitive and easy to ‘jump right in’. It also seems to be built incredibly well, I guess time will only tell.

My setup is now ‘hybrid’, recording into an Orion 32+, can mix in the DAW then sum into a 5059. Found my ideal workflow and the Console 1 tied it all together :slight_smile:

Coming from mixing on a Zed R16!

2 Likes

Got my first Elektron gear today :white_heart: Basically spent the whole sunday in the car to pick it up and test it before purchasing it. I have the feeling the journey was totally worth it though.

Intention: Get lost while exploring all the possibilities. Probably do a deep dive into the manual first. :nerd_face:

32 Likes

I just made exactly the same purchase this afternoon. I figured I owed it to my Peak to get it a keyboard & the 37 seems like the idea choice for me. Cheaper on Bax than a secondhand one on eBay…

3 Likes

Modular levels of GAS.! In my case anyway…

2 Likes

The Keysteps are great little keyboards. There wasn’t much around before they came along that was compact and with a MIDI DIN out.

3 Likes

They’re perfect for what I need. CV for my Werkstatt; DIN for my Peak (and both/either for my 0-Coast) - and nice and slim too (with aftertouch). Hard to go wrong, especially for that price!

2 Likes

Just ordered one. Hopefully here next few days.

1 Like

Micromonsta 2 !

A friend and a slave for my DN.

Next objective : understand how to update that thing.

12 Likes

I already posted about my experience with the m8 on the m8 thread several weeks ago, but I thought I’d share a pic of mine with some new buttons.

Intentions- to continue to learn how to use it, (particularly its multi rhythmic capabilities), and to eventually finish an ep with the m8 as the centerpiece.

16 Likes

This! Wanted to have some nice and cheap tweaking fun after a year and a half with DT. Next level: truly acknowledge I‘m not a sampling guy at all and refocus on synthesis.

20 Likes

Exciting morning!!

@Rokki21

Edit: Just tried this out. One word…wow!

15 Likes