Yesterday I eat a good ramen and I have to say that the main picture on the book’s cover totally makes sense 
I’m confused. Is your avatar the inventor of this marvelous creation?
I bought a Nord Stage 4 88 with the intention of getting better at playing live keys, and better understanding music theory and chord progression.
I had a bit of trepidation about whether I really should get such an expensive keyboard as a not-very-expert player, but it’s absolutely delivering on the very direct, out-of-the-box, no menus or screens experience I was looking for. The UI is very well thought out and intuitive, the keyboard feel is nice, the piano models just lovely.
I just turn it on and play and just lose myself in the music.
Working with this makes me daydream about what Elektrons would be like if they were closer to one knob per function and you did not have to select a page. (They would be huge, and probably economically unviable, but it might be nice.)
PS: It does have menus but I only ever use them to switch outputs, which is two keypresses and a knob twist I could do with my eyes closed. And two screens, but it doesn’t demand your attention.
Yes, well at least of that specific one.
There are many other inventors of these “unuseless” creations. They have expos, and the best ones get to be featured in this kind of compilation books:
Thought the dude was wearing some “The Sandman” memorabilia at first.
I had a very similar experience when I bought my Nord Wave 2. Even with the discount I was able to get and a work bonus at the time, it was on the edge of affordability for me, and before I ordered it I spent a long time asking myself, “Will I ever use this much keyboard?”
Well, I haven’t. And it’s still my favorite instrument, nearly five years later. I have a good piano downstairs, but it is great to just turn my desk chair when I’m working for a few minutes and noodle on some chords on a preset, or continue some crazy sound design project I’ve been working on off and on.
You will continue to really enjoy it. A Nord is a real instrument, one that you grow with and it grows with you. Glad you got one!!
Bought an XAOC Sophia. Normal tones but with modulation all sorts of cool sounds from this module. Spent an hour tonight just using my Qarv for some modulation. Have an OCHd and Zadar coming. Also an Odessa. Going to be a fun as hell weekend coming up.
a second a4 mk1 to teach a friend how to use it and to see what madness i can generate from 8 tracks of arps
Jealous. Wish they sold those state side.
They are not that expensive from Thomann. Just be sure you plan ahead and get all the extra bits you might want in your initial order to save on the shipping. Their flat rate isn’t bad at all considering the size of the thing and they get it to you in a few days.
Sick stand!
Excellent advice. Thanks!
You reminded me of the accessories available for Jaspers stands, like the monitor holders.
Wowser - thats what I will need at this rate 
Whats the depth?
The monitor holders are actually just module holders in disguise, it’s a clever ploy to avoid extra taxation from BIG SYNTH.
The frame is 50cm deep. It comes with 60cm arms on the lowest shelf. If you buy from Jaspers themselves you can swap parts out and customise it all. I bought the standard kit (for this model, the KS170-4-150S) from Thomann and saved more than I’ll lose on the parts I’ll eventually change.
Synth sage advice as always. Appreciate you big buddy.
Thanks for the info.
Ah nice. Is yours primary for keyboards rather then boxes?
So cool! Glad to learn about this! Thought I was over my GAS.






