What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

With the Tonic and the Volca Drum, that’s a pretty powerful setup. However, she’s gonna need a sampler. You’re a cool dad.

2 Likes

Thanks!

(if she starts making use of everything, I have a Blackbox in a cupboard. :smiley: )

2 Likes

That’s way better than an elf on a shelf imo

5 Likes

Really nice!

1 Like

Have you tried Repro 5 yet. Equally fantastic. U-He is leaps and bounds above most vst companies. Their attention to detail in terms of accurate emulation is impressive.
G-Force is right there with them too.

2 Likes

not yet – because 95% of parts in my tracks are mono.
but since it’s weekend now, i certainly will.

but they don’t make native Linux versions.
of course i have MacOS as well – but i’m too lazy to reboot :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m been tempted by this so many times but it just looks unfashionable to me. Let us know if you figure it out!

1 Like

the MFM2 is amazing. im not a big plugin guy, but i had a lot of fun running my synths through it. lots of creative feedback experimentation to be done there

No Way! Can’t wait to hear what you do with this

this reminds me, i had a dream last night where i realized that i had a machinedrum all along, but i hadnt realized it for some reason because i bought it used and the seller had a keyed version, like the digitone keys/monomachine keys in a rackmount configuration with a panel obscuring everything. so it was like an unlabelled machinedrum with a different pattern layout - without the 16 buttons and then beside it in the rack panel were also two like effects units from elektron. kind of like how people do this with two fmr rncs:

so it looked like 3 unlabelled plain silver-ish but more matte primer paint-jobbed boxes with keys on a drum machine behind this huge rackmount panel which obscured everything.
was pretty disappointed to wake up and realize it wasn’t real. i was looking forward to finally playing with the machinedrum i didnt realize i owned. never had a mnm or md. maybe someday

4 Likes

NGL the MnM is hard. It’s so deep and vast that there are a lot of pitfalls… it’s gonna be a while till I get to where I want to, but I’m willing to put in the time cause I know how awesome this machine can be… I thought it was gonna be easier this time around due to how I’m more knowledgeable about synths now and know my way around OT… and even though OT and MnM are very similar they are vastly different… they do not share the same sweet spots…

1 Like

i always find that each elektron machine makes more sense, the more i learn subsequent elektron machines. like getting an analog fourmk2 after selling my first digitone taught me how to better use the digitone. mk2’s in general with their visual displays taught me how to use the octatrack’s filters and envelopes. rytm taught me how to use the syntakt.

but i have never used a mnm or md, and i always had the suspicion that maybe the mnm is the “dream synth” i keep begging elektron to make in the “speculation” or “whats next for elektron” threads. i hope its useful for you, anyway. it seems like a few different artists who’ve inspired me have made full works with just that synth, so that makes me optimistic

2 Likes

hmmm, appears to be cool. i wonder can i build a patch like this for Axoloti.

2 Likes

I had a dream last night I’d forgotten I’d bought that model cycles I’ve been thinking about recently. was sitting there unused. got buyers guilt in my dream :joy:

4 Likes

I intend to lose myself properly and emerge in a new dimension of possibilities :crazy_face:

13 Likes

that would be very cool

just saw this in my feed

it makes me feel better that i’m not the only one having dreams about buying & owning things

3 Likes

So I bought the Embodme Erae Touch

embodme Erae Touch

3 main reasons for taking the plunge (other than normal GAS)

I wanted an MPE controller and am fed up waiting for my Osmose!

I was also thinking about a Nord Drum but have enough synths engines, so this can be set up as the ‘pads’ and I can trigger my hardware or software synths as a drum pad (plays well with sticks)

It is also a great customisable controller, even when (if) my Osmose turns up you can have up to 32 different control surfaces at the touch of a button with X/Y/Z control that you make with the (very easy to use) computer app, just drag and drop buttons, sliders, joysticks and even live clip launchers etc

It is great on desktop and has a Roland drum mount as well, but I have just put it on a laptop stand and it works great :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Digitakt, I know, zero exciting for most here. But I’ve never even seen one of these in person. It’s a thing of beauty no doubt. I intend to pair it with my A4 and most likely to my boutiques. I’m thrilled!

37 Likes

I’ll post a jam I do with it over in the leploop thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice … For a long tome I couldn’t decide between a OT and a DT. But now due to the fact that prices are increasing I tend to buy a DT…

There was a mk1 OT available for a bit more actually, but I’m ashamed to admit that I chickened out. :pensive:

1 Like

Chickened out for Is the OT valid in 2022 ?