What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Saturday morning delivery. Also have the Drum Sequencer coming this afternoon with another courier. Happy these modules are beautiful :heart_eyes:

Intentions: Continue going to work and buying more modules :+1:

5 Likes

M1 Mini with 16GB / 1TB SSD. Got a great deal on a third party refurbished unit. (25% off new)

Intentions are to replace my 2015 27" i7 iMac with it and a 32" LG Ultrafine 4K display. Owning my M1 MacBook Air for the past couple months has showed me just how amazing apple silicon is. I don’t even need a Mac Studio these days. 4 high performance cores of M1 is plenty.

iZotope finally updating Ozone to ARM native yesterday pushed me over the edge. Now just waiting on Lindell and NI, but even under Rosetta 2 they perform better on M1 than my i7.

Also, looking forward to getting out of the iMac upgrade cycle. The 5K display was great but no target display mode and having any issues with it effecting the whole computer, I’ll be glad to just have a 4K display that I can keep for the next two or three upgrade cycles.

17 Likes

Now that is good news. I was just on their site debating whether to update RX9 Standard to Advanced (still not sure) and somehow missed that this had happened.

1 Like

FWIW I can’t get the VST2 to show up as M1 native in Live 11.1.1. AU and VST3 are fine though. But I don’t want to derail, I’ll take the convo to the Apple ARM thread.

2 Likes

Bought a Pro Co Power Mute box today for pop-less muting of the mic signal from my bass/guitar cab to the front of the house mixer board:

I already own one of these boxes, but have been unable to find it. But, a brand new replacement was found at a good price.

2 Likes

Just got home from the late shift to find this waiting, told the wife it was £100 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Again I love the look and feel of the Erica Synths stuff.

13 Likes

Are you essentially building the whole techno system piece by piece with a few other select modules you prefer over the pre-built system?

1 Like

Yes exactly that. I didn’t want a few of the modules already in the Techno System although they maybe fantastic I have other modules. Basically I’m building an Erica Drum Machine/Sampler etc. The other case will be various sound sources and clocks/modulations etc.
I liked the Tip Top Audio drum modules but there seemed to be little or no cv etc on them and that’s why I went with the Erica Synths. I’m very happy how it’s coming together so far. I am aiming for a 12u all in one system. This will take until Christmas time to complete. Gotta do more work to pay for this lot as well as sell my hardware synths etc.

I know the complete techno system comes pre-wired (on the back side of the modules I assume), are you able to do that with them as you build your kit? I’m not exactly sure as I haven’t looked into building one like you, I was thinking about getting the complete system and replacing the modules I don’t want with others,.

1 Like

Iv’e just looked on the back of the drum sequencer and it seems there are lots of blocks of pins to attach the Erica drum modules so you can buy your chosen modules and attach them on the back I’ll look more tomorrow.

Just had a look, seems to save cables if you wire your Erica Drum Modules to the back of the Drum Sequencer here:

6-pin Drum Module cable

Video

1 Like

Intention: to not bother the neighbors.

11 Likes

I was thinking about getting one of these for connecting my guitar pedalboard to my Analog Four.

Nicely priced 2nd hand ES Techno System. Picking it up in Paris in a couple of weeks… :grinning:

33 Likes

It’s a better synth than I remember and the perfect form factor for me. I forgot what a great noise machine the Hydrasynth can be.

11 Likes

Madman and the Atomics! That’s fuckin baller.

1 Like

The biggest gear related regret I’ve ever had was selling a digitakt and digitone to fund more guitar gear for a band I had joined two years ago. When I previously had them, I never really used them for their strengths and mainly just had them as sound modules in Ableton. Last year I got a digitone in a trade and have gotten much better at using it hands on as a live instrument. Two days ago I finally bit the bullet and re-purchased a digitakt. 1.30 came out after I got rid of my first one and I’m really excited to just the combo again. I am running my prophet rev 2 into the digitone and then putting all that through the digitakt compressor. I’m working up a set of ambient techno with some subtle industrial influences. I’m so excited to have these two devices reunited.

8 Likes

I just showed this to my SO. She laughed and said don’t you dare :joy:

1 Like

Yamaha PSR-SX600 Arranger Workstation

I’ve been wanting an arranger keyboard and was thinking of getting the Casio CT-S500 or a Yamaha competing in the same price bracket. I knew I wasn’t the right customer for the highest of the high-end ones like the Korg PA4x or Yamaha Genos which can cost almost $6000. Then further investigation identified the mid-range PSR-SX600 as a possible candidate. It has some extra bells and whistles over its little siblings but the cost is relatively modest compared to the Genos - granted a lot of stuff is!

Some of the bells/whistles over the low-end arrangers:

• 3 Intros, 4 Variations, 4 Fills, Break, 3 Endings
  • Style Creator
  • Half-bar Fills
  • Style Section Reset button
  • Style Unison (eg. the horn section unison riff in “Sir Duke”), assignable to pedal
  • Style Accent - velocity values from left-hand input can affect Style performance by adding/removing notes
  • Multi Pads - can trigger audio files as well as MIDI clips
  • 73 Super Articulation Voices (vs. 14 Super Articulation Lite voices)

Intentions: Bore everyone around me to tears with its partially auto-generated music with extra helpings of cheese, and never try to step outside of the box, paint outside of the lines, etc - just play everything nice and safe and pleasing to Western ears. Never try to use the onboard Style Creator to create anything weird, and most definitely do not load the Indonesia 3 Voice and Style Expansion Pack.

4 Likes

first music gear in the war time: Launchpad X.

i realized that X is velocity-sensitive, so when encountered barely used one for the half price of new – just pulled the trigger for it.

itentions:

1. backpack-friendly replacement for my old generation Launchpad Pro, which is almost twice as thick – 17 mm vs 32 mm. what i really need is velocity sensitivity, all the rest is handled by Axoloti patch.
  2. there’s never too many Launchpads. now i can just keep two older ones for ITB work, and two newer ones for OTB.
14 Likes

done it myself – ordered a pair of IK iLoud MTM’s, since i still don’t have any proper monitors.

7 Likes