What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Thanks, yeah those micro sockets are very annoying.

Yeah my MIDI port did the same
Which is a shame because it was a great synth which was easier to connect via a MIDI cable (than use USB MIDI)

I also noticed that it won’t run with any of the other Micro-USB cables I have around, or extension cables for that matter.

The included cable is very short and acts like a damn Slinky.

How?? Almost impossible to find one nowadays

Initially wanted a rack 3 to save space and I can’t really play keys but saw one in a good condition and decent price

The interface is something else. It’s like having a hardware version of soft synths

18 Likes

I got very lucky. I was scouring the internet each morning, and saw there were 2 new units on Reverb. I ran downstairs to get my credit card, and was able to grab one of them. The other one was gone within an hour.

1 Like

control P for print

41 Likes

oh baby

Does the ultralite 5 still use the webconsole app? I found that very annoying on the ultralite 4

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

It uses Cuemix5 on either a wired computer or IPad or phone

Great stuff all around folks.

4 Likes

hey Buchla Buddy!
just got mine on Thursday…really loving it so far.
very different mindset - which is a real bonus (if difficult to get used to), makes me think differently about the rest of my gear
…and you’re in Toronto - where did you pick yours up?

2 Likes

Nothing new here.

3 Likes

I’ve got a Free The Tone Future Factory delay incoming. This will be my 2nd go around with this pedal (something that is very rare for me). I’m a bit of a delay freak.

11 Likes

I’ve picked up a few things from them - no complaints, they seem to keep things in stock better than Moog in Montreal…

2 Likes

Ordered a Kenton MIDI Thru-25 for integration into one of my music setups:

It will supplant a MIDI Thru-12 box presently in use.

10 Likes

I really love their stuff for use with synths. I’m always surprised they’re not more of a presence on this board.

1 Like

Thst’s the one that was on my watchlist on Reverb!? Was tempting but passed :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love their midi cables for the live rig. Seems like the only way to get midi plugs that stick out the back less would be to break out the soldering iron and create something extremely dodgy and unroadworthy. Actually if anybody knows of any readily available midi cables that feature shorter plugs than the Free The Tone ones, please tell all about it.

5 Likes