What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

I waited and waited and waited for an announcement of a Noir Polybrute to match my Matrixbrute. Over Thanksgiving I gave up the wait and purchased a PB with a great price from a shop I am very friendly with. The unit I received had some mechanical
Issues and needed to be replaced. I got my replacement PB in early January. Then the Noir was announced. My shop knew how much I wanted it and they let me return my original PB for a Noir with no fees. I can’t tell you how much better I sleep knowing they match!

26 Likes

It does taste better when you use the new “werp” mode on the DT.

3 Likes

14 Likes

Finished putting together my beautiful Compact One desk from Audio Housing. Now the real fun begins; patching everything in a deciding on layout. Took a pics for you guys with gear on so you get a sense of how much workspace there is in such a tiny foot print:

49 Likes

Nice, I was thinking about building a 500 series mastering chain but I have to so some more research before I can get started.

1 Like

Here you go @rtme

28 Likes

Awesome :heart_decoration:

1 Like

That is such a beautifully designed piece of functional furniture. The footprint is so dreamy.

1 Like

Got myself a Wingie MK2 for drones, clangs and meditative stuff. I have yet to try the new Blipoo firmware and the MIDI capabilities.

(And yeah, before I buy anything else, I should get a new phone with a non-potato camera.)

10 Likes

One more voice for Torso… :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Got a Wingie about a month ago and really like it as an effect but hadn’t heard of this alternative software. You got me interested. Do you prefer it to the original one?

I’ll have to get back to you on that one. Haven’t tried it yet, but from what I’ve heard in Dexba’s video on the Blippoo firmware, it sounds promising:

2 Likes

I still haven’t had the time to enjoy the original as much as I’d like but I’ll be looking around for some videos and sound demos of the new one the coming weeks. I like the idea of an alternative software, hope they release more in the future.

1 Like

Since the platform is Open Source, I guess there could well be more alternative firmwares. You could even write your own if you were cool with programming in Faust and C++ :wink:

1 Like

Probably my best ever deal at £585. I was shitting myself for a week whilst waiting as the auction site trustpilot page makes for diabolical reading. It is pretty much factory fresh and all working (still - after a few hours use).

Intention is to have fun making beats in one self contained box, in bed, on sofa’s, different rooms etc. Atm - anywhere that isn’t my office/studio, which I’ve realised I nearly entirely associate with working and being stressed whilst doing so.

11 Likes

So, I’ve spent a few hours with the Blippoo firmware. It’s definitely … uhm … something. Entirely different sonic palette compared to the standard Wingie, a lot more bleepy-bloopy fart noise stuff.
The most musical thing I could get out of it this far is something I would describe as “20 instances of an early-noughties freeware 303 clone VST set to square running on an unstable Pentium 3 Windows Me PC”. Really wonky, with a very nice low end. Definitely useable as, say, sample fodder for my Rytm or Tracker.

It reminds me a bit of the alternative “firmwares” for Sonic Charge’s Permut8, just a bit more hands-on and even more enigmatic.

Worth a try, I’d say.

3 Likes

Getting into Eurorack (heard that’s where the fun is ;-)) …

Letting the “puppies” (Matriarch) play together …

Also got the Metropolix and now waiting for the Atlantis …

4 Likes

I would really like to hear what you make with these two together

looks incredible

Hey, harnesses are common in many subcultures :slight_smile:

I was never comfortable enough with aleatoric modular and my runglers or even really the Bastl Softpop burbles BUT I will happily check out this mode!

Alternate firmwares rock, especially when I can play with established concepts and not get financially invested / disappointed with experiments.

1 Like

Finally :raised_hands: intentions are to spin and enjoy this today after decades without a proper version of it. So happy the catalog is out there again.

27 Likes