What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

those are the studio standard from their day. solid machines. my sony dat died several years ago. the panasonics still fetch a price for the right buyer.

That’s always been my understanding though I’ve never actually used one. Back when I used dats (around the end of that era) I was using a Sony deck. It was fine but I did have to fix it a few times.
I’m not surprised to hear confirmation that these were top shelf, the guy who gave them to me has a home studio that made my jaw drop when I first saw it. He was in a successful hair metal band back in the day (you’d never guess it seeing him now) and while his band mates spent their money on coke he spent his on studio gear. Really nice guy too.

3 Likes

Wow

11 Likes

Craziness!

I bought some knobs and knob caps to make some gear feel / look better nas it made me happy !

15 Likes

50th birthday present to myself–thanks to everyone who helped me realize what I really wanted on this thread. OM-28: was lucky that a nice local independent shop had one, since even Sweetwater is out of stock these days…

27 Likes

No keytar?

Is dissapoint.

I can fix that:

7 Likes

This Vermona Retroverb Lancet

19 Likes

Nice! I love re-knob projects! It can really change the whole feel of a module or synth.

1 Like

Happy 50th and congrats! Gorgeous!

1 Like

What are the caps on the SQ-1? It drives me crazy that the pots don’t even have a marker to see what the position is…

1 Like

It’s those ones:

And yes, what the hell they were thinking hahaha.

“And when I thought I was out … they pulled me back in !”

10 Likes

I was able to score (my 2nd) Chase Bliss Tonal Recall RKM. These are now discontinued, so finding a brand new one at msrp ($499) was awesome. These are selling for $700 -$1000 used now. Now I’ll have one on both my gig and my studio board.

13 Likes

What’s so special about it? It does look gorgeous, but I’ve been wondering why the high price considering there’s so many options available.

Aside from being a fantastic sounding analog delay, it has a small footprint, midi, CV, tap tempo, (really beautiful) modulation, and 1100ms delay time. Plus the dip switches in the back allow you to further manipulate the sound.

8 Likes

because it’s an awesome sounding boutique pedal and it’s discontinued.

2 Likes

Still, there’s a thousand boutique delays, many of them discontinued. 1k for a pedal is crazy and rare.

not as rare as you think…