What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

I use tbproaudio dseq instead of soothe. Much cheaper and seems to do the same thing. Might want to have a look

I received this in the mail, so, starting next Friday.

2 Likes

Sorry I keep posting guitar stuff in an electronic music forum. This is just my favorite place to talk gear. A coworker sold me this 5w stack for $300. perfect amp for the studio. It sounds wonderful.

17 Likes

Not the most exciting purchase, but I got an adjustable laptop stand so I can put gear further back without getting in the way for cables. I should’ve gotten this a long time ago!

18 Likes

Ha ha - I think loads of us post about guitars, amps and pedals (or at least play them) ! It’s how I got into synths as well… I dont think it’s in any way out of place on Elektronauts ! It’s also turned into my favourite place to hang out as well…

6 Likes

:point_right: The Guitar Thread

I’ve been playing guitar a lot lately. I love my synths and samplers but they are too time consuming for me right now. Kids make it hard to spend lots of time on music. With guitar I can pick it up and play for a half hour and just put it down. My electronic music production takes up most of a day to start getting my ideas out.

1 Like

Demoing now. Goes on sale Friday.

I don’t think you need to worry: there is a quite active beer topic…

2 Likes

I do love drinking beer when I play guitar

7 Likes

what is that?

OP-1 is really great and feels solid block of aluminum and in real life does not feel like a toy. I love mine so far and doubt anything this small can do what it is great at- live sampling, 8 different synth engines, many different sequencers, loads of FX that are fun and easy to use, 4 channel track recordings. Expensive yes but wild fun. I am using a friend’s Rytm MK2 and love it but I have 2 Elektron boxes and familiar with Elektron workflow and the Rytm is easier to use than Octatrack. Roland stuff is great as well and easier to use and less expensive. Looking at TR8 or TR8s to pair with my TB03 Bassline.

That said, I pulled trigger today on a Roland TR8 boutique to use with my TB03 so can record/sample to my OP-1 as I was missing a good 808 synth. For 909 sounds, I will use Queen of Pentacles and samples of 909 drums on my other gear. Maybe I save up for a Jomox Alphabase in the future as love the 909 drum sounds on the Jomox.

3 Likes

cheers!

Maybe I’m a bit unfair about judging a bit of hardware without even trying sorry. I love the Elektron gear Iv’e owned a lot of it in the past. IMO a drum is a drum and a hat is a hat etc etc etc so I liked the Roland stuff and it was half the price compared to the RYTM etc. I don’t really care if it’s analog or whatever modelling Roland uses, I doubt most people would recognise or even care hehe

Needed a controller for a my DSI Mopho. Just won a Behringer BCR2000 on eBay not 15 minutes ago so just purchased an overlay for it.

19 Likes

Ciat-Lonbarde Sidrax

My new Endorphin.es Shuttle System arrived and wowzer sounds incredible!

Such massive sounds from the mighty Furthrrr Generator.

11 Likes

If you don’t mind the old style of TR sequencing the TR-08 is great. If you want the easier (more live friendly) the TR8/6(S)es are definitely the way to go. All of them sound quite good. Just depends on what you’re used to or enjoy for sequencing really.

I’ve used the old styles for half my life, so I know my way around them, but modern sequencing is SO much better IMO.

2 Likes

I’m good with old school sequencing. Since I already bought tons of modular gear this year I wanted a lower cost battery powered drum machine to go with my Roland TB03 and OP-1 so I bought a new TR-8 so now can put all three in backpack and jam at the beach or park. Besides who knows it could become a future classic like the old TR 808. I’m waiting for Roland to release the TR-9 update on the 909.

Got this odyssey mixer case and decided to try to build it out vertically as a way to house the gear that will go out live with me. Built out a shelf for the digitakt and mixer today and now I just need to get a patch bay for the top rack for easy plug and play for other gear and I should be good to go :slight_smile: …currently a little front heavy but the patch bay should help with that.

14 Likes