What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Absolutely no idea where I’m going to put this :man_facepalming:t2:

16 Likes

Digitakt! Just arrived today. In the back of my mind I feel I’m going to want to grab an Octatrack in the not too distant future, but this seemed like the best way to 1.) get familiar with the Elektron workflow without too much overhead, and 2.) force myself to just start making music again. Excited!

19 Likes

Leica M10?

That’s my plan too. But i already bought an Octatrack MKII as well.

Just keeping it boxed up until a time when i’m comfortable with the Elektron way of doing things.

Nice done, I wanted an OT too, bought a DT to start learning this kind of machine. Finally, I just grind the DT and I don’t want an OT anymore.
The DT is very intuitive. I just make music in the short time allowed I have.
Keep it simple, the DT do music.

2 Likes

Leica M10?

@rtm I wish! Typ 262. :wink:

1 Like

@JusBadd That’s some incredible willpower you have to leave it boxed up. I’d tear into that like a birthday cake.

2 Likes

At the time of buying the Octatrack i had some other financial obligations, but i knew that if i didn’t get it at that time i may not have had another chance for a long long time.

So i took the plunge. But at the same time i didn’t want to get overwhelmed learning it.

I have so little time anyway to make music, so the Digitakt has been a blessing getting me back into things & adapting to the Elektron way.

Not saying it hasn’t been out of the box, but it’s still minty fresh.

1 Like

That’s awesome, sounds like a smart move. Good for you! Hoping the DT will provide the same experience for me — feels like it will already.

1 Like

I’m sure it will. Looking forward to hearing what you do with it.

By the way, i was just looking at your brilliant artwork. A man of many talents it seems.

1 Like

Good enough! One of mine is a m240. Technically the same.
And as I have a Digitakt as well I can only say “you have good taste”. :smile:

1 Like

@JusBadd @rtm Many thanks to you both!

Good idea. My advice is to not wait too long though. Octatrack has some quirks in the workflow that are different than the Digitakt / Digitone. I found that I had to reteach myself a little bit to avoid accidental changes to patterns or settings. i.e. The big thing for me was that parameters are not saved per pattern (they can be saved per part though. yes. parts. another can of worms). I’d be going along copying patterns then tweaking stuff, then go back to the first pattern and find that it’s not at all how I had it. It takes a little bit to understand why things are done that way, just octa-embrace it.

2 Likes

Why is the camera in the frame?

Good to know.

Thanks for the advice.

Landed today, i was super worried I wouldn’t like the sound even with all the love shown here because quite frankly I thought 90% of the YT videos showing it off sounded terrible BUT WOW

19 Likes

Saw this on sale via Guitar Center and couldn’t resist the low price - between this and the Boss SD-1 I have options for adding rudeness to my otherwise polite sounding Bassbot TT-303, as well as guitar and violin.

I also couldn’t resist because of the sort of songs our band does. and I just finished watching the latest season of Jojo’s Bizarre Adventures - set in Italy - in which an antagonist has the same name.

1 Like

Odyssey yesterday… MDUW+ mkii today…

:clap: THIS :clap: GUY :clap: GETS :clap: IT!

:raised_hands:

3 Likes

I got quick immediate gas when I was drinking Sunday night

So I ordered this

And my intentions are to deal with this

15 Likes

Not a music-making thing, but related … I just ordered one of these and it should arrive by Thursday or Friday.

I’m basically expanding my own lighting capabilities for live performances where I need to provide PA and Lighting. I have just such a show coming up in about a week and a half, so it should be a little more lively in terms of visuals.