What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Swapped out some fancy modules for this Ladik beauty: S-180 and S-184 combo. Eight lovely sliders and variable sequence length. Easy does it.

7 Likes

Did Arturia just clone a Behringer product? Savage!

1 Like

surely you jest…

1 Like

Only got about ten minutes playing my guitar through this but wow. It’s the most solid feeling pedal I have come across, and I don’t think I have ever had this initial reaction to reverbs.

The spring algos are the best I have heard, so that makes me very happy, but the emt 140 plates and lexicon 224 halls are incredible and each variant sounds distinct. I need to compare with Bam and my vsts but I’m already feeling I might be using this as my dedicated reverb going forward.

Edit: Boss RV-6, Chase Bliss Dark World, and Oto Bam will all be sold. Golden Reverberator sounds so good.

15 Likes

Careful what you post. Uli’s got his army of slander lawyers on speed dial. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I used to have the original Live for several years and although it did everything I needed and more, i found myself frustrated with its workflow, particularly it’s menu-diveyness (is that a word?) and over-reliance on a screen, so I decided to sell it.

Well, here I am again with an MkII retro. The workflow still has its issues (imo), but this time around I plan to just focus on the things I really like about it- that being its decent effects, the ability to flatten pads, have multiple sounds triggered on a pad, record and/or import long polyphonic midi phrases, and its overall portability, to name a few…

I should mention too, I snagged this beauty off of Reverb for the bargain price of $800 usd. Its a b-stock, but it was shipped directly from Akai, refurbished and under warranty! It was just too hard to resist :slight_smile:

14 Likes

D D D D DFAM!!

Intentions: complete the Moog tri-force and rescue Princess Zelda through the discovery of secret combinations of sound.

23 Likes

Come to the DFAM topic quick, people are talking of selling their DFAMs

Say not so!

I’ll be right over…

Not full purchase but serviced my MD and got it turned into a blue spaceship.

55 Likes

Let’s see what I can get out of this beast…

27 Likes

That looks killer!

4 Likes

give me some afx acid! :smirk:

15 Likes

I bought two of these 29 Pedals OAMP. Signal preservation/enhancement for both of my guitar pedalboards.

Got it on my board now. This thing is a powerful tone shaping tool despite it looking so simplistic.

11 Likes

wow. that looks so good. blue LEDs alway been a good thing on silver boxes.

1 Like

When you open that box the treasure chest tune better be playing in the background!

4 Likes

hotdogs!

looks like someone needs to address all of the other “how to I remove my MD screen” threads :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I had an amazing local guy do it. I don’t dare start soldering with my clumsy hands

1 Like

He’d probably get a lot of business if he lets you give out his contact. At least 1/2 if those likes of your post…

2 Likes