What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Intention - recapture my youth when I started with trackers. Make some dub techno and other stuff!

16 Likes

Just came mine, Mordax Data and a custom bag for my Pulsar. Good Friday !

11 Likes

Just when I was selling a lot of stuff and making believe everyone (including myself) that I was going back into the box again
the mail man delivered this. :clown_face::clown_face:

Gonna try to use it standalone to get to know this friend. The only modern Elektron box I never have owned before.

22 Likes

Paid for my pre-order of a studiodesk.
Will arrive in late april early may.
Intention is to have my non-rackable gear on the desk.
Audio Housing Compact One

2 Likes

Black or Grey?

As black as my two cats! Really beautiful.

The grey ones weren’t available anymore in the web stores I buy my stuff most of the time.

Latest purchase - my first modular rig, to expand the 0-ctrloast.

I started off wanting a quantizer for the 0-ctrl and ended up with this, which really expands 0-ctrl’s sequencing capabilities and adds some great functionality to the 0-coast as well (or any semi-modular I throw at it).

I built something close to this setup in VCV Rack and had a blast with the evolving patterns that came out of it. I was worried I may have messed up somewhere and wouldn’t achieve the same results, but so far I’ve been able to get what I was hoping for and then some.

24 Likes

Intention: to understand FM synthesis better, the editor is clean and up to date and it would pair well with a faderfox, EC4 I think.

12 Likes

Looks who came over for dinner.

Fired up fine, screen as good as new. Has an older firmware (1.03) so will be ordering the vecoven 3.0 with flash memory and other EPROMs this weekend. Will be a little while until I can drive it with the OT, but it’s a beauty.

Got my eye on a stereoping JX-70 controller if the OT route ends up too fiddly.

23 Likes

Great synth and story! I’ve had the MKS-70 twice but currently not (my brother’s got a JX8P with a controller, though).

I remember it being silkier than anything else we had when it came to pads :blush:.

1 Like

The Vecoven is totally worth it. It chokes on MIDI very quickly without it. It will also give you an opportunity to have a look at the condition of the power supply while you have it open which is always worth it with this age of Rolands.

1 Like

yeah
 man, that guy

5 Likes

That guy who leaves the box on the porch on a rainy day and put a sticker on it that says :

« This is a 1500$ device, please don’t touch it »

You better be home cause gone it will be.

2 Likes

went just a tad overboard with Chase Bliss, within the span of like two weeks. not sure if I’d advise for or against
 these pedals are decently deep but they have very similar modulation functionality across the board. and play together nicely. either way, they’re friggin’ amazing. the dip switch thing annoyed me at first but now I love it.

23 Likes

Well serve, you are.

Nice to see a 1st modular rig with these types of modules, instead of a bunch of voices + FX. Magpie can make a basic aluminum panel for your ”o_C, if interested.

1 Like

Tax return purchase arrived today. Launchpad as a multi purpose controller/pads/keys. Mixer seems fairly obvious.

5 Likes

That uo_C panel looks great, thank you!

That is a sharp desk. I like the dual sliding drawers.

Yeah the dual sliding shelfs, design and the compactness is why i went for it. All furnitures in our guest/studio room is vintage teak or walnut.
So it will be a perfect fit.
As i have it now with a new puppy who is 6 months and 37kg i had to put away monitors, modulars and other music gear because it was within reach for chewing and other fun stuff he could do :joy: