What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Thanks! I shared the Neotrellis on the Zoia group and the lead Zoia patching wizard pointed out to me that this version of the Neotrellis is indeed soldering free, unless an optional “debugging port” is desired.

A great little C64 cart, has midi interface and some cool software, intention is retro fun using my highly modded C64.

Also got this for TV C64 fun:

And a Grendel Drone Commander pedal, I have the ammo can version but can never have enough Grendel :laughing:

14 Likes

Spaceman Polaris in chrome. The filter can be CV controlled. If you’ve ever looked inside a Spaceman pedal, the quality of the build, and the fact that they are original circuits, are pretty amazing.

10 Likes

Polyend Tracker

Intention: Tracking… :wink:

19 Likes

What do you use the midi fighter for?

1 Like

To play on, a lot easier for me to find notes on it than on the tiny pads on the Tracker. I have my CME AIR 37 on the shelf under for input as well.

1 Like

A Volca FM. Sure there are probably better options but it fit a gap in the desk and with the unofficial firmware correcting velocity response and program change via MIDI cc, it’s hard to argue with for the price!
Intention: ice cold tones

7 Likes

10 Likes

Hit that like button so hard I almost cracked my phone screen!

1 Like

I’m getting the sync between Studio One and my OTs perfected.

11 Likes

Wish I could use one of these with my AH OB.

1 Like

How does the EHX sound?

i knew what i need it for, so i like it.
it has definitely more character than any sampled sitar i’m aware of.
btw, works surprisingly well with bell-like sounds.

1 Like

That looks interesting!

1 Like

So that takes midi from DAW, tightens it up and send to gear?
I see MOTU listed on the compatibility list. I gather it creates better sync with I/O as well?

I read up on it and wasn’t 100% clear.
And how many pieces of gear could it handle.

Im LOVE ZZZ gear. Totally trust their products. Price looks good too!

This is actually tripping me out. I hate jitter so much…A fix would put me on the verge of tears.

1 Like

I had issues just playing from a specific section in a Studio One and getting the OTs to sync in a proper way. Using this box, they just tag along as intended :slight_smile:

Still tweaking it a bit in terms of making it sync over a long loop for multi takes because currently it starts to drift off slightly after a few repetitions and it seems that it might be Studio One sending another Bpm for just a few samples each time the loop restarts - will try a few things but very happy about the main workflow.

If you could, keep us updated. I’d love to hear would you think after a bit of time using it

I’ll keep an eye on it.

1 Like

Yes, exactly. And you know the Elektron tempo values shifting slightly in the screen when synced externally? Not anymore :grin:. With this, the screen tempo readouts are dead solid on the given tempo.

3 Likes

Will update :+1:

2 Likes

Damn, 2 months and 2500km in and I haven‘t made any music. What a fun bike.

7 Likes