What's your all-time favourite DRUM Machine?

Vermona drm-1 mk3 into MD

1 Like

AR :revolving_hearts: Boum

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure but I would say the TR-909 or the 707.

I like the 707 a lot because of its sequencer in song mode, the 12 bit samples and the 909 for the sound. (The only cons in the 909 is that itā€™s not possible to save patterns in a cartridge)

2 Likes

AR Mk1 for me too.
I would like to try a Mk2 (black) to take advantage of full usb/overbridge streaming (now that I have a re-configured, cleaned Sync-Lock),

1 Like

Iā€™m going to ask them if they will take Ā£100.

And if they will make an exception and ship to Belgium.

1 Like

Roland TR8-S <3

4 Likes

SOMA Pulsar-23

7 Likes

Still not owned one that I liked enough to keepā€¦this thread is giving me a few to try

1 Like

Machinedrum. Absolutely beautiful piece of kit. Sample capability only made it more capable(but by no means was necessary)

3 Likes

MachineDrum is still the only drum machine I still really regret not having anymore. After that AR, then maybe the LXR-02 though itā€™s still so new(havenā€™t tried a Pulsar-23)

4 Likes

TR8S has been the one for a couple years now but this Erica LXR-02 is really turning heads in my live setup.

4 Likes

I knew when I sold mine that I would miss it and wouldnā€™t be able to get it back.

I donā€™t regret selling it, but it would certainly be nice to play around with it now and then

4 Likes

Another one for the TR-8S but the original Korg Electribe ER-1 is a very close second.

5 Likes

ā€¦mpc 3000ā€¦

1 Like

ā€¦a4ā€¦

2 Likes

Drumbrute, when I sold it.

3 Likes

Machinedrum is the most fun Iā€™ve experienced playing an electronic instrument.

1 Like

Gonna go with DFAM as it has been on every track i made ever since i got it Ā± 4 years agoā€¦

6 Likes

I think the plumbutter has shaped my musical outlook the most by far

• the rollz as a trigger sequencer is pretty ingenious. Itā€™s basically a series of interconnected low frequency oscillators, even-numbered are stable, odd numbered are chaotic. They patch together via ā€œandrogynous nodesā€, and your control is kind of limited by which rollz you choose to inject into the patch. You can get sort of looping, evolving pseudorhythms, relabi. Itā€™s changed the way I look at drums, and Iā€™m now more open to asynchronous loops and polyrhythms that rarely/never converge on the ā€œoneā€. Running the rollz right into the ultrasound filter is a really cool percussive element.

• Itā€™s also a great instrument for drone, just watch any hainbach video

• The only thing about this one is that the sound is very idiosyncratic, and if you donā€™t like the clicks and cuts type sound it wonā€™t be for you. I think the best way to get a similar type of rhythms in other devices would be to use several percussion loops that are triggered at intervals and modulated in a number of ways, which you can do in any DAW/Sampler

• Itā€™s expensive, but its own musical world. I sadly donā€™t have one right now, but have been most productive making music when I have had it. Hoping to do something similar with pulsar

2 Likes