What's up with Elektron.se website?

For days now I can’t search anything, access my account or access the product pages to download any resources. The account and cart buttons in the top right just keep spinning and clicking on most links doesn’t do anything. I’m getting 502 Bad Gateway errors on other links. I can’t even submit a ticket to support. I tried in Edge and Chrome. I cleared my cache. It’s doing the same thing on the mobile browser as well. What’s up with your site Elektron?

I’m in the US. The same thing happened with the Steinberg website this weekend. Is there some European internet outage?

2 Likes

I’m in the UK and I haven’t had any problems at all.

1 Like

I’m not having any issues on brave on my mobile device, I’m in the US.

No issues on my end and I was able to register my new Elektron gear today.

I did notice that the website was down for a while earlier today, and when I tried to follow a link on it once it was up again, it didn’t work (at least, it didn’t work in time for me to lose patience and move on). I’m in Sweden.

Well then this is so weird. Thanks all for confirming the issue is apparently only on my end, but I’ve never had any problems with the site before, and I’m not having any issues with any other site (except Steinberg doing the same thing more or less this weekend). I guess I’ll just keep checking back until it works. But yeah, can’t access my account, can’t submit a ticket. The icons just spin…

I’m using an iPad with an older OS and it’s doing it on my safari browser & Firefox, so?

me too. im in US as well. The top right side links circling non-stop. also asked me to select location etc…what was wrong with the original site?

Do you have ad blocker extension installed in your browser? I seem to remember someone else having problems with the site, and disabling ad blockers ‘fixed’ it.

1 Like

Same issue here, Mac, Safari, USA. Nothing in particular has changed on my end, the website used to work just fine, and now it does not.

I had this yesterday, in the UK. Only tried Safari because I’m stubborn.

My work means I’m on & off VPNs quite often. Elektron’s site regularly invites me to reconsider which country I’m in. Yesterday, after trying a Private Window, it let me log in, but got stuck at the country selector for several minutes.

I dont think I do…I have no problems with other sites. I will check. thank you.

I have already talked about this to Elektron. It’s serious enough that it can discourage a customer to buy e.g. a sound pack.
It’s the whole point of this website!
They are working on it, but indeed this website is substandard.

Please reach Elektron support to reflect your customer experience and give this problem some more weight.

It seems like you need to have the Preferences cookies enabled in order for the website to work properly.

Try deleting the cookies stored for elektron.se, reload the page to get the cookie selection and ensure that Preferences are included in the cookie selection. After a while you should get the country selection dialog box and after you make a selection and wait for a few seconds more the buttons should stop spinning and the website should be working properly - at least it did for me both in Firefox and Chrome.

3 Likes

No problems here either, registered my new Syntakt yesterday without problems.

Yes! Nothing! Wasnt broken, didn’t need ‘improving’. I’m not a fan at all of the new site, mainly because it doesn’t work, but also the aesthetic.

I tend not to buy from sites that don’t work properly, I’d imagine they are loosing direct sales as a result.

3 Likes

Spot on Dasine! This was 100% the issue. I cleared my cache again, but this time chose to accept ALL cookies and sure enough the country selector came up, I set it to US and now everything works. Interesting. Never experienced this before. Thanks Dasine for the solution (and everyone for chiming in on this).

1 Like

I wonder how many sales have been lost over the last six months? Bit silly really. The old site was fine and much less sales orientated.

2 Likes

Why is this thread not a wild speculation thread ?

2 Likes

agree…the new design not impressive at all…the minimal clean composition of the former one was elegant.

too risky to pay

2 Likes