What's the smallest analogue module *with presets*?

AS-1 sounds the best, Tetra/Mopho are smaller. Also Minitaur/Sirin technically have presets, you can find used Minitaurs close to $300.

I donā€™t think itā€™s the smallest, though.

1 Like

Arenā€™t those ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior)?

SE02 is analog, the other are digital, but frankly, they sound quite analogue so I thought Iā€™d mention them.

3 Likes

The new Moog Music Werkstatt-01.

Sorry, no Presets.

DSI Mopho fits the bill to a tee. Sounds great although limited interface for sound design from scratch. There are four assignable knobs which once set make it a good live tweaker.

1 Like

The Norand Mono is 300x150x42 (about a foot by 6 inches and an inch and a half thick) so weā€™re not talking large. Thatā€™s why I asked earlier if the O.P really wanted the tiniest ā€” or was he talking smallest as a class ?

I know this is digital but perhaps someone makes an analog equivalent in a MIDI plug which would be the smallest.

H-Pi Flash_02
H-Pi Flash Synth Worldā€™s Smallest FM Synth. I think they were considering a virtual analog of this.

anode/triode by meeblip.
i think its got analog filter.
cant get much smaller.

I didnā€™t check the spec dimensions but it looked like maybe the size of a Cirklon or Slim Phatty.

1 Like
1 Like

There you go.

We have the answer. Now what does it sound like ?

1 Like

http://truenosynth.com/demos/

:smile:

1 Like

No presets afaik.

The evolver is one hell of a monosynth as well if you can find one. One of my true regrets selling that piece.

3 Likes

Howā€™s about analogue processing of your DT?
OTO BOUM? Analog Heat?
Both have presets, midi.

I went back to my Volca Keys (and Bass) today, and they actually sound pretty good. But I really want to be able to recall via Program Changeā€¦

The Buzzzy! is fairly close, except that itā€™s VA instead of Analog.

(The Tƶƶrƶ is closer, with analog filter, but bigger)

digital with an analogue filter though.

itā€™s brilliant of course, but just in case thereā€™s full analog snobbery going on here :wink:
Sounds evil as hell with the Polivoks filter, Iā€™ll say that.

1 Like

anyone mentioned the malekko manther?

Itā€™s not the cheapest option, but Iā€™m surprised nobody mentioned the Waldorf Pulse 2.

2 Likes