What's the most efficient way to transfer project from Digitakt to Rytm?

Hi guys,

I’ve recently have purchased Rytm MKII and would like to transfer a few projects from the Digitakt. To give you en example — I have a song cover which is composed of 13 patterns (not midi, only 1-8 tracks). I would like to transfer the patterns and samples, change samples to synth sounds. I’m happy to upload samples manually, but what would be the best way to transfer the patterns for 10 songs or so?

Thanks,
Nikita

While you can easily transfer samples between different machines that support samples, it is not possible to transfer projects, patterns, etc between different machines.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat, switching from Digitakt to RYTM MKII. Easiest way would be to resample the 8 tracks at the same time, but it is a destructive way. Wish there is a project transfer in the future.

This might be a terrible idea but couldn’t you sync the two and play the pattern on the DT into the Rytm while recording it like midi input? I mean, a pattern is really just midi notes and CC data right?

1 Like

No that wouldn’t work as the digitakt audio tracks do not send midi data.

1 Like

I see. That’s to bad.

Remaking it is quicker than trying to figure out how to do this.’

That’s why we buy Elektron gear, right? Because it’s faster and quicker to program stuff on.

1 Like

Incredibly old thread now, but for someone else who comes across this issue in the future: It IS somewhat possible to record midi from the digitakt to the rytm, but there are caveats.

1. DT Audio tracks don’t make midi but midi tracks do, so you will first want to copy your audio tracks on the digitakt (1-8) to the midi tracks (9-16). Samples don’t copy but notes will.
  2. You can then play the midi tracks into the Rytm by setting up the Rytm midi ins to the right channels.
  3. You’ll need to copy the samples manually to the Rytm and tie them to the sample slot on each pad.
  4. Trigs don’t transfer, so conditionals or trig conditions (e.g. play the trig every other time) will need to be set up again.
  5. Digitakt home base is C5, so you may find that you need to either tune down -12 or edit the notes once you’ve completed the midi recording for everything to sound right on the Rytm.

It’s very debatable if it’s more or less work to just do it over again with the two devices side by side. YMMV, but when migrating an entire set, I found this approach to be worthwhile. This also works for setting up external synths and non Elektron samplers, BTW.

Hope someone finds that helpful…

2 Likes