What's next for Elektron?

Well the s3200 is just a rack, so it doesn’t take up so so much space.
I also just bought a 2nd hand Blofeld desktop for very cheap. This way I’ll get both my poly sampler and wavetable synth lust covered :wink:

i know a good fella in my area selling one too! so tempted but might wait to see if anything comes out of namm first…

Only if it send note stop and not only velocity 0.

1 Like

Depressing like a child without his mother…

8 Likes

i’d settle for an octatrack that has even TWO voices per track, and the MK1 body…

2 Likes

Would really love a versatile analog monosynth with the form factor/chassis design of the Digi boxes. Perfect way to round it off as a trio, which I figure they almost certainly intend to do in one way or another.

5 Likes

…oh…in fact u might be right…

something like a downgraded a4 called the A1 could happen for real…
some three osc truu analog monophon monsta with killer multi filter and some more add on fx in a digis footprint sounds quite possible and not unrealistic at all…
if so…this namm will tell…

2 Likes

I think there is a good chance we will see something like a Model:Waves or something. Some sort of monomachine/machinedrum-lite with knob per function, etc. Fully digital synthesizer. Wave table/FM/VA type of thing. I’d get it!

2 Likes

It would be interesting, although I’m not sure how you would ever pack 3 types of synthesis into a small budget line knob perfunction groovebox type device, unless they were taking some really creative limitations of each type of synthesis. I think something based off the SID chip engine on the monomachine with some extra VA features would make a lot of sense for the Model line while some of the other monomachine/machinedrum type features might better fit for the digi line. I agree though that a knob perfunction synth from elektron would be really interesting to see.

3 Likes

I bet there’ll be a new model: and a new flagship at namm.

tenner betzzz :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

Yes exactly. I imagine you could select digital oscillator waveforms, maybe a mix/blend knob. Same filter as the M:S. LFO, maybe 2. A D/R with maybe a sustain/hold button or something. It would be a ton of compromises. But you would get a great variety of tones out of it. Not several distinct synth engines, but a sort of cleverly selected element from FM, another from wavetable synthesis, standard subtractive stuff, etc. like a ‘best of’ the monomachine or something.

1 Like

just get Behringer to do the synth architecture

1 Like

This is NOT a prediction, just a thought (maybe someone else mentioned this at some point): The typical Elektron multitrack sequencer… with a West Coast synthesis engine. To make it even more interesting, fully digital. This would probably result in new West Coast Eurorack inspired sequencer elements as well.

Could be their most complex and maybe overwhelming machine. But they have been pretty good at streamlining different synthesis methods up until now…

4 Likes

Hexatrack, the next iteration of the Octatrack but with more and improved effects, and the possibility to setup up to 16 mono tracks, or 8 stereo tracks like the OT.

Is 6 tracks, like a M:S! :yum:
I guess you meant Hexadecatrack!

Digi form factor, 16 stereo tracks sample mangler (with timestretch) along nice effects, no internal sequencing capabilities (other than being able to let a sample loop run in order to work on it standalone) + OB + MIDI in & thru.

2 Likes

An Elektron without internal sequencer? :joy:
After no audio, no sequencer, I’d say no midi, no, inputs, just an essential usefull thing :

Summary

A shoe box!
S-10585K_1

7 Likes

But in the Digi- formfactor!

edit: oh wow all these internet points, the next product I’m expecting is an Elektron Pacheck :call_me_hand:

28 Likes

:thup: You’re right. And you kept the power in, that’s clever, otherwise it doesn’t work. The Func button doubles the functionalities! (:thinking: 2x0=?)
What about DIGIFUNK?

4 Likes

:man_facepalming: :blush: of course, and now the name doesn’t sound so good anymore, hah

1 Like