What's next for Elektron?

The coolest thing they did was the Octatrack movie.

8 Likes

If Elektron will release Octatrack 2 they will do it at the end of next year its just to tempting for them to wait till one decade is passed now it only a 1 year wait. Imagine headlines al over the place, Elektron releases a successor of the world fames Octatrack at its 10 year anniversary.

I would like to have it now i really need it for finishing my tracks, if its already finished i can test it if you want Elektron no problem :slight_smile:

My best guess is they will release some cool new sound source we all can buy so a Digi line device.

Nothing new this year.

1 Like

That was absolutely amazing.

A microphone with Karaoke functions ! :star_struck:
SY355

9 Likes

I’m sure you’ve noticed our favorite Elektron hero’s using (amiga in particular) and “researching” trackers as of late. I’m just purely speculating ,but just maybe Elektron is developing a simple software tracker for its machines that lack a song mode🤷🏻‍♂️, (trackers were pivotal in their development of P-locks, as we all know, and helped define their approach to sequencing and the creation of the Elektron workflow) it wouldn’t surprise me if they release a simple homage to their early tracker roots.

7 Likes

I want octatrack duvet cover & machinedrum pillowcases please

:bed::pager:

10 Likes

multieffect with a sequencer to use triggers to create wacky effects

1 Like

Yeah. When they opened that thread asking about peeps history with trackers, my curiosity was piqued.

2 Likes

I would be very interested in Elektron’s take on a tracker, especially if they integrated it into some sort of hardware package, like a standalone nerdseq, but deeper.

1 Like

With a crossfader, called performance sampler? :content:

As you can plock samples, can’t we use Elektron samplers as trackers?
I didn’t used trackers, I don’t know what could be more interesting…

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s been said that the OT (and by extension MM/MD) is Elektron MKI’s take on a tracker

Now that were in Elektron MKII, maybe going back to their influences for new inspiration?

2 Likes

Model:Looking Good - a red shirt with a black tie.

5 Likes

As an owner of just the Digi boxes (plus heat) I lack the more linear arrangement that a more fully featured tracker UI could bring. I think there’s a lot of Digi owners who like the Elektron workflow but don’t want to fork out for an Octatrack or use a DAW for their arrangments that would be happy with something tracker-based that doesn’t cost a grand, either as a firmware/UI update or a new piece of hardware.

2 Likes

I must say that for the first time ever im not craving a new release.
Ive really connected with my current elektrons recently and for the first time ever dont feel the need for more gear.
its also cuz i recently got prescribed reading glasses so can actually use the MD et al without goin crosseyed :nerd_face:

9 Likes

Hey, I still have one, like new. Was thinking about selling it, but then Apple released iPads and there goes my 1700 Euros. Still having one, in perfect shape and time to time I do run Logic interface on it and have goosebumps using it :wink: Such an iconic piece of hardware . . . forgotten.

Thats when something cool comes! When you finally think you are rid of the GAS, and start to enjoy the gear you have. And boom! Something awesome gets released and you have to start all over again!

1 Like

haha yea , any day now :sweat_smile:

not weird at all

20 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
now all I need is some monomachine jimjams

3 Likes