What's next for Elektron?

This is awesome! This is probably in something like ableton or some video editing software. The audio is not truly matched up to the video. I mean it’s matched but not to what’s going on in the video. At the 2:00 mark you’ll see the drummer banging away on the high hats but you’ll hear cymbal crashes. Looks like the artist carefully weaved the audio beat to the drummers movements. Great work!!!

1 Like

Yea, it must be some early video editing software (this is from early 90s). Actually one of the members of EBN ended up founding the company that developed After Effects.

2 Likes

I am waiting for a VA for a long time, but it has to be 128 steps…

I would love to see an 8-track mixer and pattern sequencer:

• USB audio in and outs (to connect up-to 7 elektron boxes, maybe via overhub)
  • USB midi in and outs
  • Midi host
  • Midi in and out
  • Song mode, change patterns on all connected boxes
  • Analog audio in and outs
  • 3-Band EQ per channel
  • 4 Stereo outs + Stereo out and in for FX
  • Internal and external send FX
  • Main output FX
8 Likes

how about a plockable wavetable or granular synthesizer :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope they realize how much this would sell.

1 Like

I always wished they released an A1. Just a singe analog track with P-locks, small and streamlined maybe a smaller 4 x 2 trig layout sort of like the DFAM

3 Likes

Ooh that would be cool, but I guess the market is pretty saturated with monosynths like these. The sequencer though…

An A1 or Model:Synth with elektron sequencer in a small box for the price range of the DT/DN would be very cool.
No Need 4 voices when you have samplers.
But yeah, there is already a lot of analog synth on the market and I feel the new fashion is in digital synth.

I will love a 16 track Digitakt with 16 pads with slice and time stretch.

4 Likes

Word man, the missing part in the portfolio:

a 3-OSC-Synth with a sequencer and a 12/24db LP, an multiband-overdrive, an EQ, chorus and delay, 3 LFOs and 3 Envelopes and a waveshaper in the OSC-Section

2 Likes

A used A4 costs about as much as a new DFAM.

Do you think they could make an A1 cheap enough to beat a used A4?

2 Likes

My dream Elektron machine is a synth (either subtractive or multi-engine) that has several voices and gives you the option of loading samples. I might prefer VA from Elektron? I think I’m envisioning a MnM + samples in the AK enclosure.

1 Like

Dogomix, exactly what you described but with controls specifically designed for dogs. :dog:

1 Like

What’s next? Hopefully a rock solid overbridge lol

1 Like

an Sweden drummanmachine

3 Likes

I’m hoping for that on Superbooth 20

Here on Superbooth 18 it was already postponed in a naive matter.
Let’s not get the Access Virus USB syndrome and let’s get on to something next :smiley:

Been done and they were so good roland sued the makers…

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/2box-drumit-five

1 Like

How does this rip off V Drums?

I gave a shot looking online, couldn’t find it exactly but I think it had to do with the pads. I have a full set of the 2Box Drumit 5 and they are amazing.

1 Like