What's next for Elektron?

Couldn’t you microtime to miss the 1st hit and set it for 70%?

1 Like

Yea but I wouldn’t call that the best solution. Two trig conditions would be very nice.

I think it’s easiest to have multiple patterns, I rarely fill every bank and pattern up so… one cycle of pattern 1 is you want it followed by pattern 2 with 70% is what I’d do.

1 Like

I think one of the fun things about any gear is it’s limitations, and how that brings out creative work arounds.
I love the trig conditions, but like someone said above, it could easily get confusing to have more.

I personally use every pattern and every bank just to make 30mins worth of a set.
We all do things a little different it seems.

What I was proposing above would work on one pattern, and you’d probably never know it hit a tiny bit before. Maybe not the “best” solution, but definitely a solution.

Doubling or Halving the tempo opens up options as well.

3 Likes

But that would only work for the first Trig (1).

1 Like

Yeah, maybe I misunderstood that part.
Still though, cant you use 2 trigs, and use Pre or Pre with the line above to get those results?
Not playing the first round through, but then 70%?

It will work if you have no Trig condition between the first Trig and the one whom you want to apply not first and then 70%.

Not ideal but you can use First with the bar above and a Probability of 70% but now all the Trigs of the sequence will have a 70% Probability.

Sampler with analog filters!

1 Like

Analog Rytm MKII ?

3 Likes

Hopefully a new sampler ala digitakt but better. :pray:

• 16 audiotracks & 8 midi
  • Stereo and mono
  • Polyphonic so you can make chords out of sampled tones
  • Crossfade looping
  • Portamento
  • Velocity ala 16 pads on the mpc
  • Bit and samplerate reduction or even better options to sample at a certain rate (aliasing on/off)
  • More advanced FX, like delay with triplets, different reverb algorhythms, chorus
  • The ability to go ‘inside’ 1 audiotrack and place chops of a sample on the 16 pads
  • Zoom function available, not only when sampling
9 Likes

An 8 stereo channel mixer with a plockable empress zoia on every track. Oh yeh and a plockable empress zoia on the master…

2 Likes

I don’t see any recent pending registered trademark names under Elektron Music Machines. Do they reserve names under a different name other than elektron music machines?

https://tc.prv.se/VarumarkesDbWeb/searchResultTextList.jsp

I cannot find it now, but I remember a few years ago before digitakt was released someone found a register of reserved names Elektron submitted. Does anyone know how to find that source?

Can we pleaseeeee get a dedicated midi controller from Elektron? I love Ableton so much, but would love to have the Elektron sequencer standalone. Yeah, I can buy a DT, but if I could just have the sequencer, encoders, and an OT crossfader all on one device to midi control Ableton, I’d be the happiest Elektronaut ever lol

5 Likes

I think a Digitakt MKII, is definitely in the making. So much so, I am about to Reverb mine, to make room for a successor this year. Get a jump on the glut of listings that will happen for the OG DT.

Grooveboxes where an RPS function would be integrated, with parameters locked.

new gear chat is obvs exciting but i really feel like 2 or 3 updates down the road the syntakt will be spoken about in the same hushed tones as the OT. i think that’s what’s getting me most excited right now. the techniques people are coming up with to utilise the fx track are blowing my mind. it’s definitely got the potential to dominate….

4 Likes

you think there’s any possibility Elektron would make one more digi box something like simplified version of A4 with perhaps wavetables or something? maybe like the syntakt with 4/8 wavetable tracks and 4 analog synth tracks?

2 Likes

Ideal box for me would be a flagship size digisynth, selectable synth algorithm concept like syntakt and MnM with two insert effect slots per track like the OT as well as the master delay, verb and chorus.

4 Likes

Simply a 6-Track Analog 8.

9 Likes

I hope they implement it in the syntakt. But could work as standalone too:
Wavetables (Synwave!? Digiwave?)
Maybe with granular FX?

Or, hehe, an mastering box with everything you need to polish your sound.

1 Like

The best thing Elektron could do is reissue or make an mkiii Machinedrum UW+ (same form factor size) with more hard drive space and update the sequencer functionality to what all the more recent boxes have. It’s a shame they don’t bother to improve and produce the older machines again. The Machinedrum, Monomachine and Octatrack are what made Elektron amazing to begin with. These smaller form factor boxes just aren’t the same nor come close to the old flagship boxes.

8 Likes