What's next for Elektron?

Polar white DN & DT

3 Likes

I was actually thinking that a white OT would look cool between a pair of black analogs.

5 Likes

Or they could make it in 10 diff colors! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

CoatRack MKI

2 Likes

:rofl:

dark matte purple with orange and magenta/some kind of other synthwave fun letters? sign me UP

2 Likes

Is Elektron still hand building units in Sweden? Perhaps they reallocated their manufacturing capacity to ramping up stock of the transformed A4s and ARs.

2 Likes

Could be?

Other devices using embedded Linux are the Monome Norns and the Critter & Guitari Organelle. In fact, someone has already started developing a Rust-based patch for the Organelle.

Elektron could be working on something very similar to Native Instrument’s Maschine+. From what I’ve read, the Maschine+ is hosted on embedded Linux, features screens for high-resolution graphics, and has wifi networking features for loading software instruments and enabling Ableton Link.

Next gen Octatrack :star_struck:

7 Likes

Honestly I’d instabuy an upgraded Digitone with more features

1 Like

let’s see what they are up to

the technology available in the world right now is heading far beyond the common tech they used in the OT back in the days

it also seems to be a trend to use bigger displays in gear

1 Like

If you could take a subset of the OT’s functionality and shrink/modernize it to fit in with the Digi line, what might that look like? Perhaps a sequenced live recorder/looper/multi-fx unit with scene morphing? But, maybe the Digi size is too small to incorporate all the necessary I/O and controls.

1 Like

To small, I would like it in analog mk2 size so plenty of room

1 Like

Sure, two things though: 1) It wouldn’t be as large and as expensive as an OT with less functionality, 2) E seems to be doing less-complex instruments recently.

Will they release a MIDI 2.0 device?

2 Likes

It would be killer if Elektron would make their new boxes more 2020ish. USB-C. MIDI 2.0. Bigger storage (and faster to transfer to!! MIDI standard for data transfer feels like 1990 imho) and or SD card slots. USB compliant multitrack. Send FX are okay if there are dedicated FX for each tracks. The techology is there and we will pay the extra 200 bucks for the new technology (don’t we?).

7 Likes

Robot AI dog with Elektron sequencer … in 10 diff colors :slight_smile:
(with Midi 2.0 of course)

1 Like

Digitone MK2

MK2 form factor, 16 voices + wavetable mode.

7 Likes

Yes an octa with more colors in the workflow
Like MS series an style
New feature with a slim wokflow

Digitakt upgrade to a Machinedrum level of sound synthesis, maybe at the expense of 4 audio and 4 MIDI channels for 8 operators

Oh and some goddamn FX sends on the master inputs, like on the Digitone?

3 Likes