What's next for Elektron?

No, they just spelled it wrong.

fotonoticia_20150210162637_420

3 Likes

And the purchaseable updates are to be called ”magnetoes”

Sorry… :joy:

I’d welcome an update to digitone and takt which enabled additional purchaseable modules though :thinking: but not subscription based

The machines functionality and updates received over the years have definately defended their purchase price

For the good of the planet i think a lot of our consumption need to be transitioning over to digital enhancements - even if i’m not a huge fan of most of the current implementations of that

machinedrum and/or octatrack mk3 with overbridge, 24 bit 48kHz sampling, flexible FX etc…

handheld successor to the model samples. battery, audio in, built in mic, proper screen, sampling, and of course attack env :wink:

5 Likes

:rocket:

This apparently:

5 Likes

That’s goofy

3 Likes

Here’s the real info:

20 Likes

nu Metal inclosure :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Also noticed that there was a quiet update to Digitone on October 6th (ver. 1.40C)

Not sure if that is reflective of new hardware components in actual production or signifying some change to the OS that is a prerequisite for future updates. Speculate away I guess.

8 Likes

bring on the mk2’s

This could be for the new white OLED screen in the Anniversary edition. But it could also secretly be a “foundational” update for an upcoming firmware. On the other hand I’m a pesimist, so it’s most likely nothing special.

3 Likes

I think there would have been an update for Digitakt as well with the same note if that were the case.

I think it’s Digitone’s turn to get something akin to machines. DT already got it recently.

8 Likes

I continue to be worried watching them rehash’s these products. AHFX, kind of a rehash. Syntakt, kind of a rehash. These are and the cables aren’t giving me faith :confused:

An update to the digitone would be awesome. I really want a new Big Machine

5 Likes

New Digitone machines incoming!? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I think due to the global semiconductor shortage I think it’s really good for them, for us, and for the planet, to get as much as possible out of existing machines. I think the new digi box architecture makes that much easier than the Analogs, so hopefully we will see lots of cool updates for years to come still.

5 Likes

As far as I know you’ve never had to patch up to a version to apply a further patch though so I don’t see how the architecture would need a pre-patch

1 Like

New verification support mid assembly, quality control type thing… but 100% speculation

New t-shirt to go with the machines. I knew they were up to something!

1 Like

who cares if it’s the best thing ever

13 Likes