What's next for Elektron?

Yes. And Thumbs up even more for Elektron to do so.

2 Likes

Huh, I don’t really follow the Overbridge stuff very closely, but this seems spicy.
Care to point me in the direction where they mentioned pay-Overbridge?

The most scary thing about this article is that they are going to use / promote SAP products “too build a custom tailored business backend” - uff :nauseated_face:

And using all the usual IBM / SAP / consultant fluff / hype words to “explain” nothing. Hope at least they got a massive discount for letting SAP PR write this.

Looks like they are throwing a lot of money down a consulting hole (perhaps to avoid full-time hires) which then will never be fully connected to the rest of their software and hardware business :frowning:

Ah that must have changed since I last checked then, but as always whatever works for you is best, really we are lucky to have such a choice, probably part of the problem deciding :laughing:

1 Like

From a 2017 post :

4 Likes

Always intersting reading people’s ideas and theories as to what’s next. It’s definitely something… just who knows what their sales and abilities are to support a new ‘flagship’. Not just cost of development, production, and continual support for new problems, and repairs…etc.

So clearly sales go up and down, there black editions are to squeeze some juice out of the hype of their brand on some new owners, and I think the model line is just that intro level elektron device that gives you enough to want more.

Only so many directions they can really go in. My money is on a poly-sample based synth. Could be like a digitakt/OT or something that incorporates more?

2 Likes

Amortized into the cost of new OB-capable devices ;>

Or FPGA machines / DSP core purchases like Universal Audio’s model?

My imaginary “Digitakt MKII” would have the same physical profile as the DK and the same GUI, as well as the same effects and compression algorithms. Maybe the price point would be somewhere between the DK and the Octa? I say keep the workflow of the DK but add additional functions to compare to the MPC One.

I imagine they consolidate their hardware product line to a few options and we get new drum box called machinedrum something something, because the name is just too famous and synonymous with Elektron, even to non users, to pass up. Its like DSI sequential calling every new synth “ Prophet“ to get people into it. If private equity is increasingly in charge, I feel like this kind of decision is inevitable.

1 Like

Korg ripping out the Raspberry Pi for CPU on the Wavestate, OPSIX and MODWave, great and cheap embedded system with USB, Ethernet, WIFI and Storage all there ready to use

4 Likes

very much hoping for a poly sampler keyboard kinda deal - no one’s making those anymore it seems

4 Likes

Amen! Amen! A… you get it. I want such a thing as well.

1 Like

Yup, keyboard poly sampler would be nuts!

1 Like

An Octatrack costs more than an MPC Live 2 in the UK. That’s an issue that Elektron probably need to address with regard to potential sales if / when the next new flagship sampler product is planned and launched.

In terms of relatively easy wins, a Digitakt 2 with removable storage and a proper Song mode, etc, would likely attract a lot of buyers, including existing owners of the DT.

5 Likes

I doubt we will see a Digitakt Mk2 with new features that could impact the sales of the recent launched Octatrack Black Mk2.

This has not been the Elektron strategy so far.

7 Likes

Oh contraire monfrere, imo if that was the case they never would have come out with the model samples… I think they are going to transplant that workflow into something much more powerful in the near future.

2 Likes

But Model Samples does not compete at all with Octatrack

Actually if you have a Model Samples you want to have an Octatrack

Each Elektron machine has its own feature that never kills or replaces the feature of another machine- it is a simple and old strategy

3 Likes

They’ve had mk2 of the silver boxes, and the trinity. Why not the digi duo?

1 Like

Yes maybe, they will but not with an SD card or with features competing with an Octatrack

New form factor, new design, new exclusive features etc

1 Like