What's next for Elektron?

I agree. I’ve been using Chromaphone 2 with the Expressive E Touche and I’ve been getting some really nice unique sounds out of it. If elektron did a physical modelling desktop it would need a more expressive interface than pads and buttons to truely take advantage of the sound engine.

1 Like

I don’t mind too much about the playing surface - I think, like the Digitone, pairing it with what you feel is right is ok with me. But the modulation and plocking of “physical” elements is super exciting to me.

Yes, me too :slight_smile:
But still, if they go that route, a little bit more upgrade would be justified…
Maybe put some more attention to pickup machines (like make it an option to let the master pickup change the tempo or not, and making it possible to overdub when OT is slave… I would buy another OT if this would be changed)
And with more processing power I am mostly thinking about the option to have delay in fx slot 1 and reverb in fx slot 2 (I guess this limitation is because of processing power?), and maybe add the same reverb algorithm as in the other boxes

1 Like

analog designs they can clone without being sued. Less so digital.

Yeah, I’d also hope for some other upgrades too :slight_smile:

I thought the newer boxes are all using the OT’s Dark Reverb algorithm?

you got me doubting, but here is a quick found

1 Like

This will probably be a controversial take, and I doubt Elektron would ever do it, but I’d like a synth module without the patented Elektron Sequencer.

Now before you pillory me for spreading seditious heresy, here me out a minute. I think it would be really cool if Elektron released their take on modules like the Nord Drum 2 and the DSI Tetra. Obviously being Elektron they’d be their own things, but 1 digital and 1 (virtual?) analog module would be so sweet. Might be way to give the people what they want and release sequencer-less versions of the MD and MM.

Like I said, I doubt Elektron ever actually does this, but I think it’d be great and it’d be an instant buy for me. They’ve already got so many machines that can send midi cc, I think it’d be fun if they did a smaller form factor module I could sequence with my pre-existing Elektron gear.

Thank you for listening to my TED Talk. I’ll see myself out now

2 Likes

n
o

12 Likes

That makes sense to me. Right now sending CCs between elektron machines is mostly pointless since each machine is very capable of sequencing itself, only really needing midi clock. Though it is just now occurring to me that my OT could be sending LFOs to my AR and DN.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:
it’s been a long day

3 Likes

We all make mistakes

5 Likes

Only way I could see this working is if they made a midi 2.0 capable sequencer only box that could recognize and automatically configure the tracks as required. Then they could release a whole range of sequencerless sound modules to accompany it

1 Like

Hahah, like what you like! I don’t see how they could keep their ethos unless they offer some VERY novel modulation that lets the device play itself. But that’s still probably a sequencer if i think about it…

1 Like

Model:Physical seems like an opportunity too good to miss.

i’ve brought this up before (probably in this thread now that i think about it)…

i’ll just say, get ready for the pitchforks

1 Like

This quote will begin a meme :stuck_out_tongue:

This let me think of something: If you send a basic oscillator generator into the Analog Heat, you have an (almost) elektron synth without sequencer

1 Like

Ah I just had this revelation last night; the next Elektron device will be an Analog Heat in 19" rack format! Please Elektron I will take two.

This is perhaps less about a new product and more a feature request for all existing elektron products, that I know people have brought up before but it bears repeating…

I want patterns that are longer than 4 bars without the use of conditional trigs. 8 bars, 16 bars! On entire existing product line if possible with a firmware update.

And to make that feasible, I’d also like the ability to loop only one particular bar in a pattern to really hone it. When you play an intsrument like guitar or piano, and you are learning a long piece of music, you don’t practice by starting at the top every time. You practice small portions that are difficult and then gradually try to string the whole thing together. It should be the same with sequencing: if I am working on a particularly complicated drum pattern, I want to be able to loop only a portion of a long pattern so I don’t have to sit there and wait for the entire pattern to complete every time. This is standard in all software sequencers and I wish Elektron would incorporate it into their great hardware.

3 Likes
1 Like

I really like your DigiGrain and DigiSID ideas. They would pair very well with the existing Digis.

3 Likes