What's next for Elektron?

Next is darker 100% matte black. Even serigraphy.

2 Likes

It would be cool to see them do a collab with another company… not sure if that is really elektrons style but DSI + elektron would be probably an item of my dreams. DSI already collaborates with pioneer but I think the match is a little off. DSI with elektron though :money_mouth_face: I also think there is room in the market for more small high quality performance mixer, potentially a digi sized tracker/mixer with some extra mastering features would fill out the digi line up quite well especially if it used usb audio to let you eq tracks separately. All these are pretty lofty wishes though. I mostly expect to see a synth in the model samples range next.

2 Likes

Yes, I think the red text on the dark trinity does look a bit dated, compared to the other designs, a very common colour theme in 80’s hifi etc, (not a bad thing) I did like the round buttons though, on the very first Octatrack pre release pictures it had black knobs and buttons, very nice looking:

Still, I think the MKII looks even nicer.

2 Likes

Whilst on the subject of aesthetics, I really wish Elektron would sell optional custom parts, like different knob colours, maybe even faceplates, button caps etc. The inclusion of stickers with M:S is sort of a step in this direction that would be nice to expand upon, and I definitely feel that Elektron gear has that satisfaction of ownership where people like to customise it.

9 Likes

them black buttons & encoders are well nice :ok_hand:

1 Like

Sure. :pl:

Octatrack alternate colours (photoshop template)

14 Likes

^ Henry Ford edition :wink:

Actually the grey of the MKII looks much better in real life than pictures, still black is pretty too.

1 Like

Pro 2 with an elektron sequencer would be a dream instrument

…pretty positive about the fact that mk3 ot will be a full on black beauty…
2021 we will know for sure…
it will talk ob finally and will blow our minds with all the nice gimmicks of the last inventions like direct hands on, control all and what not…

not so sure anymore there’s gonna be a model:synt…next year…

but i know, they definitly start thinking about different midi controler only units just hooked up with their sequencer engine to push midi and cc and cv to a next level…no sound, just data and content creating for universal use with whatever u got already…

2 Likes

That black OT looks the business!

4 Likes

count me in. the mentioned 2k€ would be fine for that machine.
Add a LAN-port for midi for another 50€ :star_struck:

I would like a tracker interface built into overbridge, with the ability of loading patterns from multiple machines and have them all in a unified interface, so i can change things on multiple patterns from a unified interface, and then push the changes back to the various machines. It would be super nice to have UI for all those sequencers. And an OT that can be overbridged.

3 Likes

Elektron employee talks in the video about the future of electronic music

5 Likes

Elektron ANDI8

8 voice synth with 2 analog + at least 1 digital oscilator with 8-OP FM + Wavetable + user Oscilators + 1 colored noise

fully Modulation Matrix
3 fx Slots incl. finally Phaser, Flanger, Ringmod etc.
49 semiweighted keys with poly aftertouch
8 internal tracks + 8 miditracks
Elektron Style sequencer
midi in/out/thru and CV ins & outs

:smiley:

I quoted you in your own post and un-hid it. Easy mistake to make, though. I’d also have thought it off-topic if I hadn’t already seen the video.

1 Like

Yes, I realise now.

Should have added a little comment to point out the link to the topic. Will be (even) more sensitive next time :wink:

1 Like

Will Elektron make cables only? :frowning:

1 Like

DigiCold - a plockable fridge. A companion to Analog Heat.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Let’s hope that is not the case!

1 Like