What's exactly a UserWave UW?

And can someone tell me the steps on how to fill up the ROM? Like with C6? Is C6 for sending samples or snapshots? And how would I find lists of snapshots and what format does the samples need to be? And I’m new what’s Sysex?

I’m in the process to write his reply, elektronauts folks.

A Userwave is a sample imported in your machine…

2 Likes

First thing i would like to mention is the idea of fill the ROM. I hope you have the TM1 so you can get benefit of the Turbo mode X10.

When i started with SPS-1UW i would like to make like you. Same with the RYTM. I finally ending by Abandon this idea and fill in the context of the Track and needs.
I have uploaded only materials to get my machine better on sound lacking to my taste. and Classics DrumMachine Pack (carefully selected to only keeping sound i like)
If you fill it like a harddrive you will be surprised :wink: so the less the better is actually my point.

You can prepare your sample (or not) C6 normally convert on the fly. But i have done differently (but i’m on mac).
I have used two software. One for batch processing my sample selection to upload to the required sample format which is 12bits 44100 MONO.

But : All sample speeds from 4 kHz to 48 kHz are accepted and handled by the Machinedrum
UW. Higher rates are accepted but the samples are downsampled to half the
sampling speed. The Machinedrum UW does not handle stereo samples. All bit
depths are accepted but will be played back at 12 bit.

Then i use a batch renamer to make series of 4 Letters and Digit (BD01, BD02, BD03, CP01, CP02, RD01, RD02) so i know what sample is…

When all that is prepared you open C6 i advise you to read C6 manual because there’s few options to understand it’s quick and pretty basic and then you can do each time the same.

Samples are transferred to and from the Machinedrum UW via the MIDI ports. MIDI sample Dump Standard (SDS) is used to transfer samples. There are two methods available for transferring samples: Closed loop and open loop. (closed loop is better to me, you make a midi loop to make your transfer more accurate TM1 in > MD out / TM1 out > MD in)

Try to keep SNAPSHOP naming ASSOCIATED to samplebank
saving the snapshot does also link the current samplebank to the snapshot … which means the next time you load the snapshot, that same samplebank will load up as well.

I recommend you to download soundpack on elektron.se

It’s really well explain and after a couple of times you will understand how it work the good way

1 Like

SYSEX (System exclusive) is the language used to download and upload content relative to the machine. From Project to Sample. A sample can be in SYSEX format rather to wave for instance.

On a synth SYSEX can be Patch-Presets-Sounds for instance.

But SYSEX can also be firmware upgrade.

1 Like

In the monomachine, they are akin to a custom wavetables, you can fill them with short 1 cycle samples and use them in the DIGI machines.

You can try some of the soundpacks on elektron which have custom user waves which sound intersting.

You posted this question in the Monomachine category on the forum. Did you mean to post it in the Machinedrum category?

Right… Probably me. See UW and i think MachineDrum. Didn’t notice Monomachine section

I Brought in my files to the machine with the TM-1. But I over wrote the files. Do I need to go thru all the stuff Individually and lock them up. Than send the new files? Or do I use the numbers which I totally dont understand with the numbers

this and kn

When you receive patterns, kits etc from a computer via the TM-1, you can choose to specify which locations the imported data will occupy. See “Specific Place SysEx Receive” (pages 68-69 of the manual).