What would your favourite smallest possible setup be for an hour liveset?

2xCDJ, DJ mixer, sampler (currently SP-16)

2 Likes

Iā€™ve kinda spammed this topic with unrelated bullshitting thus far so here is an on topic post for once:

Going through what I have here, in order to make the smallest but most capable setup I would use Blackbox, Bluebox and LXR-02. 16 tracks from Blackbox which can be used in various flexible ways, six synth voices from LXR-02 which are absolutely not limited to drums. Mix these two sources with Bluebox which will also act as master reverb and delay, EQ, and compressor. To top it off you can record your set as it happens into the Bluebox. I could go hog wild with this setup for a long time and it would all fit in the smallest backpack I have while still leaving room for power strip, extension cord, headphones, clip on light, tapes to give away, and more. Oh yeah! Both Blue and Black boxes can be easily powered by any USB battery though youā€™ll need a separate battery for each to avoid noise.

1 Like

Octatrack + ZOIA, some audio cables, some MIDI cables.

1 Like

What is the point of pretending to be doing something that at the end you arenā€™t doing? I donā€™t get itā€¦ Sounds like having fun while performing without actually performingā€¦or pretending to be performing?
This sounds somehow complete nonsense.

another small setup, slightly bigger than previous one in terms of cmĀ³/inĀ³ ā€“ a.k.a. my EBM/techno rig:

• Electribe 2 with Hacktribe OS
  • Ambika, mostly used as 6x mono voices
  • 3 NTS-1 as effect units for Ambika
  • RK-006
  • Axoloti
  • Launchpad X ā€“ attached to Axoloti
2 Likes

Why the DB4 instead of the DB2 (I guess the short answer is: youā€™ve got it)?

Edit: well that was a stupid question I thought the DB2 had 2 stereo ins but no. SOoo.

Performance shaming is not allowed on this platform.

3 Likes

Not sure what you mean by 2 stereo ins? :slight_smile:
Db4 basically is db2 on steroids. Looper and FX section per channel for starters :slight_smile:

Yep OP-Z for me too. You can squeeze a lot of patterns on it (although not enough samples) and use a midi controller to open up the UI for performance. Strengthen the synth sound with a MicroMonsta 2 and a Lemondropā€¦

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ce1UsQOAqbQ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I have enough projects to play for 2 or 3 hours with only an AnalogKeys.

3 Likes

What about this for small? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Performance shaming is not allowed on this platform.

Iā€™ve stopped caring about how other people perform, but, Self-Victimization is lame. Stand by your performance style!

Acoustic guitar and harmonica.

Iā€™ve transcended beyond performing.

3 Likes

I honestly canā€™t tell whether youā€™ve been joking now or not :laughing:

An Ondioline.

Probably an APC40 + my laptop loaded with STEMS from my studio. I know thatā€™s a pretty typical setup, but still quite minimal.

It also seems like it would be fun to do a set with just a M8, but I havenā€™t been able to get my hands on one of those yet.

Agreed. But whatā€™s a DB-4?

Xone DB4

1 Like

Ah yes your beloved :heart_eyes: would love to get my hands on one.

1 Like