What Synths are capable of instant Program Changes for Elektron Program Change Sequencing?

Yep, didn’t exist in 2017 though!

Also, Sub Phatty does fast changes. I’m on a gig with it now, midi’d from my Roland and it changes like lightning

What are walkaround for this? Would love 2 know!

Maybe someone knows a SAMPLER which will do this thing well? (as compact as possible please : )

Digitakt? Can sequence sample locks x8, it’s also very compact.

2 Likes

You can change patterns with MIDI CC but not Program Change. You could either use it as a sound module or this way or slave the internal sequence to something, but you’d be limited to 16 pattern changes before having to change projects, and it has 1 MIDI channel it can receive on only.

1 Like

Yeah… but I want to sequence it FROM DT which I have already : )

1 Like

Didn’t know that it’s possible to change pattern via CC. Need to read manual again… Thanks!

It’s actually a note, not a CC

Get a second one? :wink:

1 Like

What about Minitaur?

Haven’t used one much, but yeah, I expect it’d work just as quick

The Roland JX-3P is almost perfect. It responds to program changes instantly and even sustains notes over a program change, but the sustaining notes are abruptly changed to the new patch, so it can sound glitchy, e.g. when notes that are in the process of releasing suddenly have their filters open.

A lot of multitimbral, sample-based instruments feature "seamless patch changes," where voices will continue across a patch change and keep their original sound until they finish. Mixer settings or master effects may still change instantly on some instruments, e.g. the Casio PX-5S.

Access Virus TI

1 Like

E-MU romplers are great for this.