What’s your- ‘F*ck it! I’m buying it!’ synth?

There’s a Moog Slim Phatty for sale in one of the chain stores here in Japan for 80,000 yen (about $560) and I’m trying to figure out if I can afford it… Dang it! I really want a Syntakt (about 120,000 yen here)…

How much are kidney’s worth again?

3 Likes

so this is around the corner from me, and its been like #2 or 3 on the bucket list, but i think it needs to get promoted…

help me practice my lines, elektronauts!

“Hi honey. Remeber all those years ago you said you wished you could play piano? MERRY CHRISTMAS!”

01515_jyreNzHwIWqz_0ww0oo_600x450

12 Likes

Prices have gotten so high here. It used to be that really expensive guitar pedals were like 30,000 yen, now the higher priced ones are more like 55,000 yen. Still some deals to be found on Moogs. I wonder how long that will last. Sequential prices are crazy high in yen.

1 Like

Dang, just looked up the Earthquaker Avalanche Run (V2) I bought a few years back and it’s jumped from 45k to 57k… :frowning:

2 Likes

80k for that Moog you are eying is looking like a bargain now. :wink:

That’s literally the logic that I used when buying the Grandmother. :laughing:

Not a synth but the Linnstrument.
I’ve been eyeing this little beast for years and I really want to try it out with my ipad and Hydrasynth.

Also I baked the Anyma Omega on day one also base on the fact that I’ll have the Linnstrument.

5 Likes

Some of you might recall my buying a Prophet 6 being the inspiration for this thread, that being my ‘f*ck it’ synth.

Well today I have purchased 2 more synths… ‘Fuck it, I want more mod options, I’m buying it!’:

A Rev2 and a Prophet 12.

The Rev2 had been planned, the P-12 was impulsive.

I don’t think I’m going to keep both, but they came at good prices where I know I’ll get my money back.

I love the Prophet 6, but I’ve been missing the mod capabilities I’ve had on other synths, hence the Rev2 and Prophet 12.

5 Likes

2022 Model D. My first truly f*ck everything I will not regret not getting it again synth. Probably the single most expensive thing I have ever purchased aside from a house and car.

7 Likes

If a new Access Virus ever comes out in my lifetime with updated tech and better screen and works with Macs, I’d jump on one. Not paying 3k for old outdated tech.

1 Like

OP-1 Field 3 days ago. G-lampa (not sure how he’s named here) gave me the last push and I thought f*** it, I’m getting it.
No regrets so far, loving it tons.

5 Likes

Although I have my Linnstrument set up to be able to control a large number of synths in my studio, I almost always use it to play the Hydrasynth–seems like they were almost designed to go together.

1 Like

Indeed, they work really good together straight out of the box, really nice. I’m hopping the Anyma will be the same.

But I’m on the fence about keeping the Linnstrument because my ipad can’t power it even in lower mode and I really would like to have an plug and play set up with the iPad as promised (seems that it finally doesn’t work with many ipad models …)

It literally takes me several months to years to pull the trigger on a synth I want and I hate it.

3 Likes

Maybe this is old info for you but USB-C iPads can provide more power than the ones with Lightning connector. For example T-1 Torso can be powered by USB-C iPads only.

See this discussion:

Specifically this comment:

I’m really quite impressed with how much power is available from the new iPad pros usb c port. The old iOS usb ‘this device needs too much power’ messages are a thing of the past without having to use any of the old power workarounds.
I’ve just done a test where I use a cheap Lenovo non-powered usb c->4x usb 3 mini hub. I was able to power four bus powered devices simultaneously from the iPad Pro using it. The devices were the full sized linnstrument (not in low powered mode), a seaboard block, the expressive e touche, and a zoom u-24 audio interface.

Congrats. Am I remembering correctly that you did a lot of tracks on the original OP-1 before going to Digitakt?

Not trying to make you go broke but I just picked up a 12.9” iPad Pro (2021) for $899 at Amazon and at Best Buy they had them for $799 ($300 0ff new). These have more than enough power for your Linnstrument.

I wanted to pick up the bundled package of SWAM instruments for GeoShred to use it with the new iPad but couldn’t find the BF deal in the app.

money is no fun if you don’t spend it.

…my frick-it synth is SOMA Terra. …been preordered since announcement and practicing patience.

3 Likes

Hell, the Syntrx has been that, when it was announced going extinct (the first one). No regret.

Then when my return window was almost closing for a Minilogue XD I pressed buy on an OB6 and returned the Korg. Still no regret.

Yesterday came to me a huge list and I ordered a Waldorf M… we’ll see.

I like expensive instruments apparently. I like quality instruments, I tell myself :blush:

2 Likes

I think I know what my f*ck it synth is but nobody wants to sell me one. :pensive: