What’s your- ‘F*ck it! I’m buying it!’ synth?

I have this feeling about getting either a Prophet 5/10 or Prophet 6 at the moment, and getting rid of a bunch of other synths… (Rev2, Peak, Polybrute, Deepmind, JDXA).

Does anyone else get like this?

And what’s your numero uno ‘f*ck it’ synth?

5 Likes

If I find a Roland Jupiter 4 under 2000 I think I couldn’t resist considering how expansive those are becoming and how much I want one in my life.
Could do the same for a Dreadbox Abyss under 1000 euros as well as a fix for the JP-4 as I find the sonic vibe a bit similar.

4 Likes

Recently Arp2600m, previous to that Roland System100m, I don’t tend to get it as much for polysynths as I don’t have space for large keyboards which is how most polys typically are made. However I am very interested in some of the powerful desktop polys like Peak, Udo and ASM Hydra, so will probably look into those at some point.

8 Likes

I already did “fuck it, I’m buying it” on a Syntrx, last year. (and if I’m being honest, the Matriarch had an element of that too).

So… not much left. I don’t like my Rev2 screen so I am thinking of replacing the whole instrument with a more costly Sequential. The P5 seems the more “fuck it” end of the (already extravagent) scale… but the even more ridiculous option is to get one keyboard and one desktop from the OB-6/P6 pair.

EDIT: changed from my original post.

4 Likes

Actually… the even more fuck-it-i-have-too-much-money daydream is the kARP 2600FS. The chance of me getting one of those approaches zero.

1 Like

Deal to be done for my outbound desktops then :call_me_hand:

1 Like

When you get to P5/P6/OB6 territory, a desktop would feel like a compromise to me.

That’s a separate conversation… but I don’t like having the same keys for the different synths, or worse, a variety of keys with the same synth.

3 Likes

For me it was my Moog Matriarch. And I sold my Grandmother to help funding it.

4 Likes

…last and first time i had that vibe was the syntakt, just a few weeks ago…to be honest.

1 Like

Syntrx, also all of my synths.

3 Likes

Sell family for buying synths. These machines make us mad :rofl:

4 Likes

Continuum… :innocent:

6 Likes

I think that would be a good choice. IMHO those prophets synths have much better sound quality than your current stock.

Not original but been drooling over these 3: P-6, OB-6, P-5 (all desktop versions) and well… a Minimoog… that’s a lot ha but then I’ll be done (right…)

3 Likes

It’d be my Digitone. Although I can feel myself ramping up for a Novation Peak or Hydrasynth…

2 Likes

Given my piss poor money management skills, I’d have to say every synth I’ve ever bought (and sold)

22 Likes

ah the novation peak and the new firmware… the reverb sounds really nice but the new delays are gorgeous…

2 Likes

it was my Virus TI Polar I bought back in 2009, I sold everything in sight to buy it, MBP, midi controllers, amps etc
I just kept looking at this picture and listening to demos
Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 7.37.03 pm

15 Likes

in my head I have this for several synths.
Selling most of my grooveboxes which feel redundant, to get a serious major synth.
Considered prophets, ob6, summit, matriarch etc. but can’t decide. :sweat_smile:
Spending big money on one thing, I want to make the right decision that justifies it.
So many options that it hasn’t happened yet

3 Likes

I get that, but I also always think about ‘buy cheap buy twice’, and the fact that quality always sells for a relatively good price.
The initial outlay can be a kicker, but it’s generally invested, especially if you wait long enough.

1 Like