What’s your- ‘F*ck it! I’m buying it!’ synth?

I think I know what my f*ck it synth is but nobody wants to sell me one. :pensive:

Suspens… drum roll…

What is it??

1 Like

Nord

:grinning:

I’ve wanted one for quite some time but the 2nd hand prices have been too much for me. I still wouldn’t pay 800€ for one but let’s say I’ve acclimated myself closer to that range in the recent months.

1 Like

I’m very excited to see what you do with just the ND2, after your awesome Machinedrum work.

1 Like

Thanks and yes! I did OP-1 -> digitakt -> mpc one -> sp404mk2 -> op-1 field
Grew a bit tired of mono tracks and was hooked on side chaining everything to kicks for a while as well.
The field sounds so big now it’s like it doesn’t need side chain. It’s amazing. And that workflow is perfect for me.

1 Like

Thank you! Here’s to hoping I’ll be able to find one soon!

I was just playing with these awesome ND3 samples on my Octatrack and it probably pushed me another ~50€ closer to the current ND2 going rate. :rofl:

(And yeah, it has to be ND2.)

2 Likes

bought a cwejman S1 with my first salaries as i was still living on my parents house. Those 2600€ was a total crazy buy at that instant XD.

Thinking actually of selling some items like pedals modules or vidiot for a used deckard dream mk2. I really think it’s the synth for me

But i’ll wait to see what i’ll be able to do with the osmose. But if i’m buying a DD2 it would be sad to not have the osmose keyboard.

i’m close to 40yo but i already used the crisis excuse for a fender amp. :laughing:

1 Like

The Polyend / Dreadbox Medusa. It’s really weird, but turns out to be just the combination of features I want and need to make my music. One day I woke up and it was super obvious.

1 Like

I pulled the trigger on a Humble Quad Operator. Will drive it with a Rides in the storm QEG and can’t wait for the package!

Ah! I was about to say a good word for the 3, which was another “F*ck it I buy it” for me, and a love story since. That thing is pure bliss, I believe it’s the dynamic envelopes added to the great sound engine and easy editability that make it so great.

But you said it has to be the 2. I respect that :smiley:

1 Like

Dope, man. Glad to hear you are back to your roots. Looking forward to hearing some of your creations.

It’s about the size, mostly. Plus I’ve gotten it into my head that only the ND2 will do. :smiley:

I see :wink:

There was a person on some nord drum thread that cut their 3P to strip the pads out, looks scary as it looks convenient.

But, only the 2 will do. Wish you luck in your hunt!

1 Like

I wasn’t planning on buying a new ipad.
I mean the Linnstrument is already expensive. This plus an ipad would be like 2k€ and that’s a lot of money for a controller and soft synths :confused:
Let see what I decide :slight_smile:

Mine was the Prophet 6, and I regret it. As much as I love it, it’s huge and has to be on its own stand separate from my Elektron boxes, out of reach (should have skipped the keyboard and purchased the desktop). While I love presets, I’d like to make my own sounds, but still can’t get a handle on tweaking them to my liking. I tend to make quick and short songs, then walk away. The lack of immediacy of the Prophet 6 just doesn’t gel with my workflow. I’d sell it, but after a scary reverb experience I’m now afraid to sell high priced items online. So for now it’s my meditative, unwind after a stressful day, stand alone instrument, that I’m trying to enjoy in its own way to relieve the guilt.

Oh no, that’s really sad to hear.

While I would probably have chosen OB6 over a P6, I think both of these are very lovely synths. If you’re missing immediacy, perhaps something like Peak or Summit would be more up your alley? Somewhat less characterful but an absolute joy to work with and while the effects are basic, they are also simply gorgeous.

But I would suggest to hold on to it for a while, and give it a chance, don’t worry about loss in value, you’ll get rid of it for a decent price if it has to go. Check marketplace first before going to Reverb. Somebody might be willing to trade.

1 Like

NINA from Melbourne Instruments.

7 Likes

Lots of good options here. But for me it would have to be either a Buchla Easel Command or a Black Corporation Deckard’s Dream or an Avalon Bassline.

1 Like

This is the exact opposite experience of the Prophet 6 for me… it’s probably the most immediate synth I own, due to it’s limitations and knob per function workflow… it’s also quite compact as far as analog poly synths go too.

Maybe sit with it for a while, you might get a clicking point with it.

2 Likes

For me it’s the Expressive E Osmose. The recent flood of videos demonstrating the awesome expressiveness of this instrument has me smitten.

What I’m seeing/hearing from the Osmose makes me feel like this is the sort of instrument I could really devote deep study to. I know new gear never quite lives up to the anticipation, but I hope that I’ll be able to keep up the enthusiasm and practice needed to become adept at it.

Hopefully I can get my hands on one sometime this year…