What’s next for Ess / Fors?

Here we are…

19 Likes

I’m actually super excited about this. Being the mind behind the Digitone- super great sound engine. I’m starting to get to the point where I’m less about the Elektron workflow and just wish I could have the Digitone that’s just a monotimbral sound module.

There is a 70% chance that I’ll be pre-ordering whatever synth he’s fixing to make.

He’ll definitely be successful, he’s got an excellent reputation as far as quality and public relations

6 Likes

@Ess definitely has a fanbase. I have not backed up that many Kickstarters, but I’d blindly be for any one of his :smiley:

8 Likes

Honestly my wallet is prepared

3 Likes

Wow this thread was just supposed to be a joke. Who would have thought…

9 Likes

Jinxed it.

Elektronauts: “damn man why don’t you pump this shit up so it can fuck with my eardrums a little bit”
Ess: “aight, bet”
:laughing:

4 Likes
5 Likes

Good luck :wink:

Im quite sure next project will be a fm synth with sequencer, but without autosave or other esoteric saving philosophies.

Thanks Ess for nerd fm infotainment in that twitch show and cuckoo interview and the great dn.
I probably need one anyway, the package is just too perfect, just one thing on elektrons is below ideal for me…

From the Fors newsletter: ”Superberry - a deliciously digital piece of software. […] Our aim is to release Superberry by the end of this month.”

There’s also a (dead) link to a Youtube video… (now working!)

4 Likes

link working now

Here it is for those not signed up yet:

7 Likes

Obviously something built around the Raspberry Pi! Smart move as the hardware is not very expensive and powerful. Looking forward!

1 Like

Interesting. That’s not what I took from the message. I’m expecting a softsynth. I doubt there is a hardware synth on the way, but would welcome the surprise.

1 Like

I got the impression that hardware would come eventually but for now a little soft synth to get us started. From his goodbye message:

And as for what is next, well… I’m going to release an instrument of my own and take it from there, hopefully picking up some freelance work along the way. My new home will be in Berlin where you can most likely find me in front a monitor doing what I do best; synthesizers.

2 Likes

Superberry - a deliciously digital piece of software

3 Likes

Okay, judging from the trailer- it looks like Model Cycles is Ess canon.

He seems to really dig simplified controls

3 Likes

Yea, reminded me of Synplant a little

4 Likes

Now there’s a blast from the past!

2 Likes