What other hardware sequencers let you independently change track patterns like Squarp Pyramid?

U sure about that ? When I had a 505 back in the late 90’s I remember having parts from previous patterns in the next to assure seamless transitions but I can’t rememeber an option to get one track from another pattern to replace one track in the active track apart from a copy/paste operation which involved getting out of current patt, copy track of the new patt and get back to the previous, paste. A trick I missed ? Old memories for sure I may have forgotten…

1 Like

Yeah there was a mode where the fader of each track could index the patterns so you could effectively remix the parts from different patterns.
I think it’s probably best left as a memory anyways :laughing:

1 Like

Damn’, that rang a bell somewhere in my memory…Sort of remix mode !..Yes…Never used it actually ! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Beatstep Pro is another to add to your list.

2 Likes

The famous megamix mode !

1 Like

The caveat was you were limited to how many patterns away from the original you could stray, about 25-30 in either direction I think. Possibly. Or more. Or less :roll_eyes::grin:

I find ‘megamix’ such a 90’s word :laughing:

4 Likes

The old E-Mu Command Station sequencers (from software version 2) had a feature called XMix which:

allows you to replace tracks of the currently playing pattern with tracks from another pattern. It’s designed both for performance use and as a quick way to experimentally swap tracks. Tracks can be replaced with data from any other track. If you’re happy with the results, you can save the current pattern to any location using the Save/Copy function.

1 Like

And 80’s !

1 Like

Does the Mpc1000 do this?

I used to have that 505! That’s part of what gave me the idea and craving for that feature.

There doesn’t seem to be a clear answer apart from a Squarp Pyramid and a bunch of instruments.

I don’t really want to do that though. I love how my Elektron boxes have the sequencer and instrument tied together so well.

My current plan is to Keep my Analog Rytm mk2, and add a Analog 4 Mk2 (sell my digitone and digitakt. They are great but my current project is more suited to analog sounds), and add a Roland MC101.

The MC101 has some independent pattern switching options. With this combined with the other two boxes, I’m sure I will have more than enough options and combinations for happy accidents.

It all needs to fit in a back pack as carry on luggage to weight and size are an issue.

Thanks for the help guys!

Ni Maschine , but not when in scene mode, its possible in the “ideas view”

Engine.

I hate how maschine forces you to use scene mode, i’d much rather quantize pattern changes but it doesnt let you

1 Like

XOR Electronics NerdSeq.

https://xor-electronics.com/nerdseq/

True, they need to update their arrangment mode. They said that it will come in beta - but nothing was put out yet.

Vector sequencer eurorack module from Five12

I was about to say RM1X. I still use mine and I’ve got a backup one just in case! Fantastic sequencer.

Any updates to this since Nov '19 ? This is a quest I’m on.

You can do this on OT - might not make a lot of sense if you’re not familiar with OT

1 Like