What new DigiPro Waveform pack would you like to see?

Waveforms for the DigiPro machine on MM Mk2 and Mk2+ models.
What would you like to see?

I’m thinking about compiling a free DigiPro wave pack. I am considering sampling the waveforms of just one of the following synths:
[ul]
[li]Rhodes Chroma Polaris.[/li]
[li]Casio CZ-101[/li]
[li]Arp Axxe[/li]
[li]Korg PolySix[/li]
[li]EDP Wasp[/li]
[/ul]

I have a couple friends with these, and other synths just sitting around.
Any of these sound intriguing?
Or if you have any other suggestions?
Will track them with my Apogee Duet 2.

I’m also considering doing an Analog Four/Keys wave pack for MM, if anyone is interested in that. I’ve been running my A4 though the MM’s filters and FX and the results have been okay. It would be full of various PW/AM/Sync oscs. Also some sub oscs with 5ths, as that is the kind of stuff I miss the most when using MM’s V/A engine.

1 Like

All of the above? But A4, Polysix, and Rhodes would be especially great!

added EDP Wasp as another possibility.

Rhodes

I’d never say “Don’t make a pack using source X.” Pretty much every samplepack I’ve tried so far has resulted in hours of fun and discovery.

What I’d appreciate is more of us commenting in some detail on how we’ve used particular waves in these packs to generate useful results on the MnM. I mention this because I vividly remember how blown away I was by the sheer number of waves I encountered the first time I dug into the AKWF collection. So many waves you could spend a lifetime just exploring tweaks and combinations. Not all of us have experience with a given synth that a generous person like yourself might sample, and the waves will likely sound different in a Digipro machine anyway, so sharing knowledge would always be helpful.

Right on.
Well, I can say that when using waveforms from sampled analog synths, more often than not, I use them in the DDRW Double Draw machine, as a means of getting a good virtual analog sound. This has worked well for me.
I particularly like using waveforms consisting of 2 OSCs mixed for achieving a 3 or 4 OSC mono bass or lead with DDRW. I especially like taking my favorite waveforms from the various available packs, and creating my own digibank. This way, I’ll often be mixing a waveform from one instrument with one from another , before hitting filters and envelopes. This hybrid sound is always intriguing to me, as it is familiar, yet different.

Another thing I do, when arranging my own digibanks, is arrange the waveforms in a way that will make for pleasant LFO automation of wave selection. I tend to put the more harsh ones on one end of the bank, and the smoother ones on another end of the bank.

Also, buddy just took the Chroma Polaris out for a series of gigs. My interest in sampling it piqued his interest in dusting it off and playing it, and, well, will have to wait on that one. EDP Wasp, Six Track, and my own A4 are the most readily available now. I’m leaning toward Six Track first, as the Wasp is somewhat similar to the Oxford Oscar, and possibly the available Oxford Overdrive wave pack.

1 Like

[ul]
[li]Rhodes Chroma Polaris. and poly 6 please[/li]

[/ul]
good one!!! thank you

Any pack would be great! Also your tips are great AdamJay. Very insightful and helpful. The ARP Axxe seems like a good choice, but I would be happy with any :joy:

hi folks, non (ex) MM user lurking in … since the single waves also work on the AR … I have a quick question … how do you make these not sound like electronic buzz … they all sound the same to me really krzzzzz, fart, distort, squeek … tried the AKWF too … btw loved mutlimans OT tutorial, but after that, everything was unusable for me (silly noob boy)

CZ-101 would be greatly appreciated!

+1 for CZ-101.

I’m not super familiar with phase distortion synthesis, but is there something like the feedback parameter in FM synths where you can go from really harsh & staticy to smooth? Would be cool to hear some small sets of like 4-8 waveforms with that type of thing happening.

hey adam, can I support you with your single wave project? … I have the sh101 and Yamaha CS01 mki (and analog4) … what must I do to make you happy?

@AdamJay

Hey, did you end up doing this?

Afraid not.