What is Varmkorv?

I recently got a used Digitakt off ebay and so I downloaded the User manual to read and get familiar with all it’s awesomeness when I noticed something on page 10 section 1.1 “Conventions In This Manual” where the last icon is of a steaming sausage with the word “Varmkorv” written out beside it. Confused by this, I searched these forums but found no mention of Varmkorv anywhere. Is this an inside joke that I’m missing? probably. LOL

2 Likes

It means hotdog, of course

Indeed! but…why is it in the manual? :slight_smile:

It’s just a test to see if you read the manual, you passed!

11 Likes

It’s the last graphic for the master compressor signal chain, which makes me smile every time I see it…

5 Likes

OT Manual

MD Manual

16 Likes

I honestly just think it’s a little joke, this is the only place I know that it definitely comes up in the manual other than the table of contents. I think it’s just saying something steaming hot and beefy is going to pop out of the machine.

12 Likes

„For those of you who really wanna know how the sausage is made.“

6 Likes

Now I want sausage! Stupid diet!

7 Likes

breaking the rules is cool, fool!

3 Likes

If being bad is cool, I’m in!

5 Likes

i’ve seen people call very compressed audio samples “sausages” because they look like sausages in an audio editor. Because they are just totally flat / smooth:

11 Likes

Likely a reference to the sausage fattener plug-in:

2 Likes

that’s deep.

1 Like

Just shows that the people behind Elektron are real folks and like to be silly like the rest of us! One of the things I love about the company.

2 Likes

I think the plug in is a reference to whatever web lingo is displayed in the reddit post that has compressed tracks being referred to as sausages, but it’s definitely a revolving door where all of the evidence is reciprocally in support of each other’s existence.

4 Likes

Side note: you haven’t truly had a hot dog until you’ve had a Swedish tunnbrödsrulle.

5 Likes

Analog Rytm Manual

6 Likes

van gogh machine?

4 Likes

Varmkorv is most often used about boiled sausages, grillkorv for grilled. Varm = hot, korv = sausage. Varm korv (notice the space between, pronounced with a pause between the words) can mean any sausage type in a warm state.

You CAN say varmkorv about grilled sausages etc, but it’s far less common

3 Likes