What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

To let Overbridge 2.0 part of the MIDI 2.0 protocol to make Overbridge universal so it’s adapted by the MIDI Manufacturers Association.

1 Like

how do you figure? they have made Mk II of nearly everything so far

2 Likes

i see this as different than reissuing out of print, old gear

A polyphonic merge of something similar to OT mk2 and AR mk2 with significant better velocity sensitive pads. Different machines. I don’t need them to be analogue though. For hats, cymbals, snares and hand drums I prefer acoustic sounds (I don’t like those synth based ones on AR). But for kicks and low-mid frequency type percs I prefer synthesized.
I don’t care about OB, I just want individual outs.
So essentially some sort of Elektron workstation to some extend.

1 Like

Elektron P-clock

A midi master clock driven by Overbridge.
sync your midi hardware devices to your daw acurately.
Featuring a cross fader and a “p-clockable” sequencer with crazy clock operators, mad clock shifts… :crazy_face:

another well priced MnM up for sale today…

2 Likes

Ready to design next Elektron Gear?
Yes, would be a Looping machine inspired to “Pickup machine” of Octatrack.
Ideas about controls needed?
Suggest if you like…
Gooo!

PICKUPMACHINE

3 Likes

A guy asked 1400€ for MNM! 1290€ for an MD, 2690€ for both. I wrote to him to explain what I was thinking about it. :angry:
I told me to work if I can’t afford it! :joy:

2 Likes

I’d like a Elektron looper NOT inspired by Pickups! An RC505 has all functionalities I’d need for such a looper, especially nice crossfades to avoid clicks, predefine length longer than 64 steps. Rc505 records 999 mesures max, 3h30mn max ! On a micro Sd card.
8 stereo tracks would be perfect.

An 2nd Octatrack for me?

4 Likes

Yes, a MKII :grin:

3 Likes

You mean the grey thing with missing functionalities, stuck leds, smaller screen with ghost prints? :tongue:

1 Like

Missing functionality? You mean Overbridge? :joy:

3 Likes

Pickups Multiply is not possible with MKII. Usefull to double sample length for Audio Editor.

What for? :content:

not familiar with the RC505 but from what you’re describing that would be a great little machine in the hands of Elektron. would have to try something other than just predefined length of course… but i could easily see a Digitakt-sized box for 4 external tracks/internal bounce down stereo track out, or maybe even a smaller version on the Model:box style, 2 or 3 tracks looping with no main bounce track or something? idk, but basically a mini-OT without the vast complexity there, sorta just cut it down to internal sequencing, looping, effects, stuff like that.

2 Likes

Something like the mc707 just for sending info to all elektron gear.
minimum 4 stereo channels.

you select which elektron device is on each channel, can see the vst overbridge version on a screen, with faders and an ableton-like grid for making a whole live set. but also still the 16 step buttons on the bottom, so you can still make your patterns in the elektron way but make patterns/live set all on one device.

I would love to see a Performance Mode on the Digitakt akin to the one on the A4. I love being able to turn the knobs and warp the sounds, then mute/unmute parts with the press of a button without having to go to a new page. Very convenient for breakdowns/drops.

Could this even be possible as an OS update? I imagine it working in mute mode, where the trigs mute the tracks as usual, but with the rotary controllers mapped to parameters across the tracks (setup via some menu diving).

3 Likes

If you carefully use the midi loopback trick and assign midi parameters to velocity, mod wheel and pitch bend, the encoders can control multiple parameters of the tracks. Admittedly it’s a hack that’s prone to freezing on occasion. But we’ve been told DT is almost out of CPU cycles so they will be prioritising updates to only the most essential ones from now on.

MIDI loopback trick… is that sending MIDI out of the Digitakt, then back into the Digitakt to control itself?

Exactamundo! :slight_smile: Doing so also gives you an extra LFO

You can use a Retrokits RK-002 cable to have bug-free MIDI loopback on the Digitakt and MUCH more! Just buy one, total swiss army knife MIDI computer that lives inside a cable.

2 Likes