What features on the OT do you NOT use?

You got to keep something for your old days, right?

1 Like

I didn’t see any post from @sezare56. I think he’s using every single feature.

10 Likes

Plus a lot of undocumented ones :exploding_head:

6 Likes

Like the slot 1 Reverb hack.

Edit : watched it this morning.

2 Likes

I don’t think I have ever used the spatializer. I didn’t understand how it worked when I got started with the OT and then pretty much forgot about it being there.

I’m pretty sure I have never used the «plays free» mode on tracks or changed the swing trigs either…

1 Like

Haha thats the thing isnt it! Elektron stuff does so much, its actually quite hard to use every possible function.

(Ps, I use the spatializer for narrowing the stereo image of noisy stereo samples- so stuff sampled from vinyl mostly)

3 Likes

Haha I was reading posts. :content:
It takes time to try everything on OT ! I usually try everything possible on a musical machine (not with cars or chain saws). :loopy:
I think any OT feature can be usefull.

I thought I wouldn’t use swing, but it can be used as microtiming or a delay on all trigs.
I think I’ll give up with Pickups too. I didn’t use Multiply btw.
I don’t use Plays Free audio tracks much, but I used Plays Free midi tracks oftenly.
I don’t use Freeze Delay control, Spacializer, Spring.

I use Flex a lot, sometimes instead of Neighbors, Master track or Pickups for overdub.
I don’t think I’ll use page Randomize unless it works for selected trigs.

So many things to try with 1.40 new features!

I wanted to use this once, I don’t remember why it wasn’t appropriate.

3 Likes

I rarely use:

• Neighbour tracks
  • FX: Spatializer, EQ, Phaser
  • Samplelock

I sometimes use

• Arranger
  • FX: Chorus, Lofi, Spring reverb

Not used yet, but want to try it someday:

• Midi loopback
  • Plays free
1 Like

Rarely use:
pickup machines
sampling external gear, mostly resample itself
midi sequencer, used to, but now I have only gear left that has its own sequencer
most of its fx. Usually stick to delay, reverb, filter, lofi, comb filter
timestretch
custom lfos
neighbour machines

never use:
midi loopback
studio mode
cue out
plays free tracks
the manual

I love the arranger though, which seems not to be so popular

2 Likes

interesting thread!

And heres a guy who knows how to get value for his money. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Should be called the UnSpatializer no? :content:

An interesting trick by @Veets with Spacializer.

5 Likes

:rofl:
I’m sure that he even find the OT to do other thing than music

2 Likes

It’s more about getting all the creative potential of a musical gear, and curiosity!

3 Likes

Most of his Memes.

1 Like

Sysex sometimes…:pl:
I planned to midify my car to control it with crossfader. Not ready yet.

4 Likes

Yeah. When I used to do IDM-ish stuff, 8 audio tracks were never enough. Never. In my techno stuff I usually use 3-5 audio tracks and 2-3 midi tracks.

That number can’t be correct. Why would evolution develop a brain that is only used for ten percent?

Maybe I can’t comprehend such a thing, because I use only ten percent of my brain, tho^^ :laughing:

2 Likes

I used it a lot during live, to avoid to have a memory sheet for bpm (before bpm per pattern on 1.40) and to reset the different Virus Programs. So i always started my differents songs with this mode then switch to pattern mode to be able to play and improvise.

3 Likes

Totally with you on that. I used to have ableton sets with 64 tracks standard. Ridiculous.
1 synth, 1 drum machine, 1 sampler. Easily enough! Or even just OT on its own, using maybe 6 or 7 tracks? Anyway. Less is definitley more.

4 Likes

Rumour has it that it is connected to his doorbell, when a visitor arrives a flex slot plays over the speaker “Qu’est-ce” then a recorder trig captures from a mic at the door who the caller is, if it is someone he wants to let in he moves the crossfader which is connected to a midi controlled servo that opens the door, if it is someone he does not want he arms a one shot track which says “pas aujourd’hui, pars s’il te plait”, probably :laughing:

12 Likes