What does the exclamation mark mean?

Is there anything in the manual about the exclamation points? I’m having the same issues still.

It’s when the audio file is used at a tempo that is quite different then the original

3 Likes

If it’s just a one-shot that I want to play chromatically what do i do?

if there is a page in the manual that deals with this feel free to just drop a page number :slight_smile:

I had forgotten this. Guess I should rtfm again :smile:

Btw, why would some tracks led be blinking?
What does this mean?

1 Like

This is contextual, but if you are holding down the A or B scene buttons, tracks and parameter pages with scene locks will blink. (read more on page 53 and 54).

Those tracks are cued :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You could turn off time stretch for the one shot, and that’ll make the sample shorter or longer if you play it above or below it’s normal pitch. If that doesn’t suit you, you can specify the bpm or length (in bars), but bear in mind that this is fiddly for one shots.

1 Like

Reviving this classic, because today I ended up with an exclamation point on the Master track. What’s that all aboot?

1 Like

Most likely it’s referring to the sample that was loaded on T8 before you turned it into a master track.

Defenestration has a trick where you load the R8 buffer (recording from MAIN) on a flex on T8 before switching it to master, which allows you to peek the waveform of the OT’s output using TRACK + BANK. This implies that the master functionality is loaded on top of the T8 machine in some way.

6 Likes

Recording buffer 4 has a sample in it behind the NEI track that the OT can not calculate the BPM of.

I believe it only happens when time stretch is on.

2 Likes

It means it’s time to party!

3 Likes

Yep