What do you wish you knew when you first started using the OT?

Importing my entire sampling collection was pointless as less is definately more on the OT.

3 Likes

I wish I had known that recording buffers arent saved automaticallyā€¦so I had to train myself to always save a sample to flex before editing

Early on I got in the habit of always saving all my parts before saving my project because I couldnā€™t remember whether saving the project saved the parts in their current state or their last saved state (if you have unsaved changes in your part when you save your project, they will still be flagged as unsaved) and I didnā€™t want to break up the flow of working on whatever I was working on to check the manual. So three or four years later I still canā€™t remember if I need to save the parts before I save a project or if saving the project is enough, even though Iā€™ve checked the manual a couple of times and seen the question answered on here a few times.

I wish Iā€™d just checked the manual about it those first few times when I was still learning the basics so Iā€™d have it properly memorized and maybe save myself a few keypresses.

2 Likes

I wish I would have ignored parts for a while at first. I would have just created a new bank each session and made a new project when I ran out of banks. I would always have part 1 assigned. I would still have been surprised when my changes to pattern 2 showed up in pattern 1 but it would have been easier to reason through if I was only ever using one part. It took a while to get used to. I still have to check part assignment a lot to make sure Iā€™m not going to wreck my other patterns. I really need to start using a templateā€¦

1 Like

i am stll struggling with this. are allparts saved when saving the project?

from another thread

1 Like