What DAW to use

Hi, what DAW is most commonly used with overbridge? I am using Logic X and I’m considering switching to Ableton Live since most tutorial vids I see have it being used, i plan on mixing live dub Thoughts?

Elektron posted details of the current public beta version of Overbridge here:
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-31-public-beta/118159

They say:

DAW Support
This version will work best with Ableton Live and Bitwig. But other DAWs will be supported as the beta progresses.

1 Like

check on this first…

Check out bitwig, plays very nice with ob, I love it.

1 Like

Also has GRID which is worth the price of Bitwig alone (more so if still on winter sale)…

1 Like

Highly recommend looking seriously into Bitwig if you don’t have any experience with, or other strong reasons to use Ableton Live instead.

1 Like

I had Bitwig v1., several years ago. Recently decided to upgrade and give it another try.
It’s come a long, long way. The Grid, the range of modulators, and the Phase 4 synth… it feels like one big instrument. Very cool.

1 Like

I am a Bitwig instructor so I am bit biased but I would so go for Bitwig if you’re into Elektron gear. Ableton does work the best with Overbridge, even better than Bitwig does, that is because you don’t have to add “Audio Receivers” to see metering.

1 Like

Thanks so much for all the replies! Looks like Bitwig is the business. I do wonder if I will utilize all its features, it’s pretty deep right? I am still getting my head around the digitakt and it’s work flow.
Thanks again :pray:

Probably not, at least not initially, but why would that be an issue? :wink:

IMHO, just using a few simple modulator on some effects here and there will go a long way, especially if you’re into dub.

1 Like

Awesome, give thanks :pray: