What are your Favorite One Shot Sample packs/ Libraries... Specifically One Shot?

not looking for any tracks/songs packs, or loops, but like it says on the tin… one shots
for example I’ve always been fond of the work goldbaby puts into his one shots…

looking for recommendations to check out.

5 Likes

Thread closed :wink:

3 Likes

Mars is ok, but there are more out there for sure…

1 Like

You could snag Native Instruments Polyplex that comes with a bunch of samples. You can also load in your own and roll the dice to create unique stuff maybe you hadn’t thought of with what you already have. I rather like this plug-in.

There’s also this “Luthatron” kicks, snares and hats pack that a user of another forum shared like 10 years ago. I can’t seem to find it now but didn’t search extensively.

It also depends on the one shots you’re looking for. My assumption is drums? Electronic or acoustic?

1 Like

XLN Audio XO makes it fun to assemble kits from the tons of samples on disk. Even lesser-used libraries can be combined to reveal new possibilities.

1 Like

does that just randomize sample choice from the library you put in it or does it actually mangle/ process samples cause that could be cool?

I’m lookin at probably more acoustic vibes and yes… drums
I like what stlndrums put out recently

Lostlevls has some great one shots. He is on here too but forget his username.
Wave Alchemy Synth drums is also a favourite of mine.

Personally, Wave Alchemy Drum Tools 1 & 2…specifically 2.

1 Like

Pretty happy with a free set from goldbaby. Might even buy some nxt time.

I have this somewhere on my computer. It was a orginally a freebie so I can post it to the forum tomorrow after work if anyone’s interested. I don’t recall it being too big.

That would be @Claid :slight_smile:

3 Likes

$4 for 1800 one shots from bread and butter to weird sound design.

And the older library I released with sample phonics. Lots modular, circuit bent, layered stuff. All over the map.

5 Likes
6 Likes

while we’re at it

i’m looking for a sample pack akin to the samples on the OG volca sample, especially the ones from 70-100 (the more melodic one-shot samples)

A classic…

http://legowelt.org/samples/

7 Likes

You can randomize every parameter it offers and selectively at that. I wouldn’t say it’s a mangler though. I like it most for the random layering. Check out some demos!

The way back machine used to have a ton of old sample cds with a good handful being acoustic drum ones. Might be worth a search for that too.

1 Like

Some of the more characterful sample libraries out there:

2 Likes

MPC-Samples has a lot of good one-shot acoustic drum packs! Also, I like their piano and strings. Never tried any of the other packs though.

1 Like

Wave alchemy drum tools 01 and 02 are excellent.

3 Likes