What are you watching on the Olympics?

Just noticed the Google Doodle!

Welcome to the Doodle Champion Island Games! Over the coming weeks, join calico ©athlete Lucky as she explores Doodle Champion Island: a world filled with seven sport mini-games, legendary opponents, dozens of daring side quests, and a few new (and old ;)) friends. Her ultimate goal? Defeat each sport Champion to collect all seven sacred scrolls—and complete extra hidden challenges across Champion Island in the purrr-ocess.

Are you feline Lucky :smirk_cat:? Click on today’s Doodle, join one of the four color teams to contribute to the real-time global leaderboard, and let the games begin!

Making of video

Confession time:

Never watched a BMX race before. It’s more exciting than I thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLpSQGb30yU

2 Likes

respect to those that enjoy it but for me? no interest at all.

1 Like

I watch as much as possible of the hockey tournament. Everything else, I‘ll pass.

:rofl:

Womens Beach Volleyball. What else.

2 Likes

the last Olympics i watched was Moscow–1980 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Everything.

hate to bring up drugs, but find it hard to belive an athlete who has been found to be cheating (Blessing Okabarre) wasn’t expected to clearly win the 100 metres. Or put another way…like…a load of clean athletes beat a doped athelete 0.o

I guess to enjoy the olympics at all you have to suspend disbelief, like any theatre.

Long distance 3k, 5k, 10k and the 100meter , 400m, 800m

though football is my fave Olympic football is not interesting enough.

OT just won the gold medal for sound quality! :medal_sports:

2 Likes

Just watched the Team Pursuit competition. All of it amazing, the heats and finals for men and women all very compelling. But if you watch just one race, the mens’ final from today was UNBELIEVABLE. Just breathtaking.

1 Like

Is this a subtle comment on the unnecessarily high numbers for a squad of four?

1 Like

this is the most inconveinent Olympics 'cause the time zone where I have barely watched/followed an event. I hav not watch any of the heats/rounds and finals except for highlights of finals on utube of my most fave events. My fave events are the long distance races starting from 1500 till Marathon ( not yet started)

very disappointed and feel like I missed out on some great performances.

I caught some badminton, swimming, and tennis early on.

Not to be a downer, but living in Japan, it’s a trip to see something so opposed just seemingly steamrolled through.

I’m also watching this:

2 Likes

That’s not a downer! It is a relief to hear there was/is some popular local dissent! I can’t believe it happened (from a common sense PoV) but also understand why it did (from a “we spent all this money” PoV)

4 Likes

7+

Especially how speaking English and other foreign languages can spread disease. Better watch your P’s and B’s :rofl:

Love me a game of hockey. Sad to see the Australian ladies knocked out.

I’m curious about this…