What are you watching on the Olympics?

Caught up on the opening ceremonies last night, today ladies road cycling, canoe slalom and men’s street skateboarding. What ya’ll watching?

2 Likes

…are there olympic summer games in 2021…???..had no idea…

2 Likes

They skipped the year due to the pandemic… still call it the 2020 Tokyo Olympics

1 Like

Skating!

4 Likes

The girlfriend has made me watch Gymnastics today but I’m waiting for the climbing and I love the track and field.

2 Likes

Female skate boarding

2 Likes

Anyone found a decent stream for those of us without TVs?

That was an amazing race. I was almost in tears by the end.

Though, when you see later that the rest of the bunch thought they’d caught the breakaway, and Annemiek van Vleuten thought she’d won you do wonder if a concerted effort would have caught Kiesenhofer. I like to think not. I also think that no radios improves the racing.

I’ve watched the Men’s and Women’s Road Races, watching Men’s Triathlon now. Plan on watching the women’s tri, and the time trials. Might check in on some track cycling…and the breakdancing, obviously

1 Like

Discovery+ but I don’t know how much it costs.

You can watch it live on the BBC iplayer if you have access to that.

I love the Olympics, I’d never normally watch Taekwondo or archery, but the Olympics makes for riveting viewing! Favourite bit so far is definitely the women’s road race and Kiesenhofer’s amazing solo win.

Yeah but only up to two events are shown live at any one time, since the rights were sold to Discovery channel it’s nowhere near as comprehensive as it used to be, which is a shame.

1 Like

How many TVs you got? :joy: I get what you mean but being in the UK a lot of it is on at silly hours so I’m constantly catching up.

The BBC are a joke though when it comes to sport. This whole get inspired crap and they literally have no tv sport rights it’s comical.

1 Like

Hang on there.

I’ve heard they’ve put in a pretty impressive bid for the Junior concker championship this autumn.

1 Like

Yeah, and the events that are on iPlayer are indexed by time not event. So…you want the women’s road race? Watch the 0400-0800 catch-up broadcast, oh…it stops at 48km to go…where is the rest? The 0900-1200 broadcast?? But what about the missing hour? Etc.

Having to know when your event is on, do the timezone conversion, and then hope they’re showing it and not splitting it with a huge gap is what you get with the BBC at present.

Sorry, I seem to have gone orf on one

EDIT: I’m watching what I can on GCN+, which is a subscription online cycling TV service, and has the bike / tri stuff. The Tri is without commentary, which is actually really really good.

2 Likes

You’ve “heard” have you ? If this doesn’t ring true I’m going to be very disappointed. You can’t just get my hopes up like that Fin.

2 Likes

Yeah down here in Aus I was watching the skate boarding on tv then it went to swimming so I looked up the tv guide. It was like 9:00 to 11:00 Olympic Games, 11:00 to 2:00 Olympic Games… WTF so I gave up.

2 Likes

Just watched the XC MTB (well, I was working, it was on in the background, on demand, GCN+) Lad from Leeds, called Tom Pidcock just won gold. I have “raced against” him in a local TT once (er, yeah, he did beat me) but what makes me feel real old is that I have also raced his dad maybe 10 years or more ago, in the local TLI series (er yeah, he also always beat me.) Anyway, good lad Tom!

3 Likes

Swimming, basketball, gymnastics, volleyball, baseball, and skateboarding. I watch whatever’s on when I’m awake. :sunglasses:

I watch women’s Basketball

2 Likes

I’ve not seen any of the 3x3 is it full court or half court?

I just watched a 3-min. highlight video on the brother and sister judoka who won gold medal…via my Roku.

In the US, coverage tends to be too US-centric, and tends to neglect judo and other martial arts based sports. No idea if they’re even covering skateboarding