What Are You Power Watching During COVID-19?

Some classic early evening U.K. entertainment right there! I used to love watching the generation game with Bruce Forsyth on a Saturday night. Good old Brucey.

Recently I’ve been rewatching archer, as it’s my happy place and always bumps my mood up if I’m feeling down/bored.

I recently watched Dev’s on the BBC. Thought it was really good, love Alex Garland’s stuff, like ex machina…

The Haunting of Hill House. Which I really liked, despite being a fan of the book.

Looking forward to the second season of What we do in the shadows on the bbc.

Ohh and Better Call Saul, the last season was immense and imo the show is every bit as good as Breaking Bad.

Nothing TBH, but I did catch up on about 5 years of missed pc games in about 8 weeks courtesy of the 2nd laptop I had to buy.

I do keep meaning to watch stuff but, new gear.

About the only fictional tv i’ve watched during lockdown would be Sherlock and Extras and Porridge and a bit of Red Dwarf. Although I’ve just realised I didn’t see the latest series of Twin Peaks after reading through the comments.

My girl says The Great is super good. (Not my thing)

And I‘ll reiterate check The Outsider
I think Stephen King is kinda meh most of the time, but Jason Bateman directs this one and gives it a really good feel. Super well shot.

The Defenders-related shows were my favorite Marvel shows on Netflix. I’m not usually into crime drama/hard-boiled noir kinda stuff, but I believe disguising gritty crime drama as Marvel shows was key to the creative success (imo) of 2 of those shows. Iron Fist unfortunately suffers from some flaws - mostly the lead actor being hamstrung by the weakest showrunning crew of the 3 - his acting performances are actually better as a guest on Luke Cage season 2.

I didn’t read the Jessica Jones comics but from what I gathered, they really spiced her up for the TV shows.

The strength of Luke Cage was the villains. I also loved the soundtrack - some killer soul, reggae and blues, some of which used for footage in the club that Cage has to visit often for various reasons.

The major downside to Luke Cage was Netflix’s abrupt decision to cancel it. The end of Season 2 hinted at a new direction for Luke Cage’s character development. It’s possible that Netflix didn’t approve of that, but I’m sure it has to do with number of views vs. their more popular shows.

3 Likes

The Villain from the first season of Jessica Jones is delicious. I love his power. I would have thought earlier to put Headphones, though.

3 Likes

We’ve also just come out the other side of a Bing addicted toddler (I blame my mum) and moved onto Hey Duggee, The Clangers (remake - it’s really good) and Cat in The Hat. It feels good!

Also just watched seasons 4 and 5 of Better Call Saul. It just keeps getting better and better!
We’re rewatching The Mighty Boosh and some Black Mirror at the moment.

1 Like

No worries, @Skypainter. I didn’t take it as a criticism at all. I just remembered that the common term is binge watching.:wink:

2 Likes

just started season 2 of succession last eve. cant wait to get stuck in, season one was tops. 10/10 :slight_smile:

What I’ve finished:

• Outsiders - excellent show but stressful
  • Euphoria - amazing!
  • Mrs. Fletcher - fantastic

Still watching:

• Insecure - current season not as enjoyable as previous ones
  • Devs - only 1 episode left. so far excellent and stressful!
  • Crash Landing On You - funny K-drama with an absolutely ridiculous premise

Next up:

• Chernobyl
  • Deutschland 83
  • PEN15
  • Dark

I’m in the U.S. and plan to watch more non-English language shows in the future.

Watching my plants grow. Just transfered a pineapple from a pot in my kitchen to the garden. Also
Aloe vera
Two Grevilias.
And its been raining since I put them in the ground. N i c e.

5 Likes

I’m looking for a tech job so my buddy recommended this series of database design lectures from Carnegie-Mellon. I have a slight suspicion the professor likes Wu Tang Clan.

2 Likes

1 Like

Tonight, we’re starting seasons 1&2 of…
:anger: COBRA KAI :anger:

1 Like

This prof is one colorful dude. First lecture ends with:

"The most important thing about databases… for the rest of your life, is the following:

When you look back at the 36 Chambers, you have to understand who the original Nine who were involved in it. You have the RZA, the GZA, Inspector Deck, Ghostface Killah… Method Man, Old Dirty Bastard, and Raykwon"

Also turns out the reason he was lecturing from LA instead of CMU was he was in LA to coach his grad student in an MMA fight.

I enjoyed the first two seasons of “Dark” on Netflix.

Also “Midnight Gospel”.

The professor finally introduces his DJ - didn’t realize he had an actual dude playing Maschine or one of them MPC thingies live. DJ Drop Tables.

Get it? DJ Drop Tables

3 Likes

I watched:

• The Walking Dead, season 10
  • Fear The Walking Dead, season 5
  • Chicago Fire / P.D. / Med, all seasons
  • The Terror, season 2

I have still to watch The Exorcist, season 2

Oh my god. I’ve just sat through the most relaxing hour of my fucking life watching this guy paint a mountain, then another mountain.

6 Likes

That is awesome. Bob is definitely my daily meditation.
Also, I heard that there is a Bob Ross Roku Channel, for those that stream using a Roku.

3 Likes

exorcist is epic.
unintentionally one of the funniest shows. was gutted when it was canned. season 2 is quality :slight_smile:

[I forgot all about terror season 2. gotta spin that] :+1:t2: