What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

Sent chills up my spine…

Low—Double Negative
I finally gave it enough time and it revealed itself. Beautiful album.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Thank you @Cepheid for this discovery!
I absolutely love this sound! I feel like there is something of AFX in this, these gut-wrenching synth notes and acid lines… Yummi!
Can’t believe he died so young, how sad!
8 Likes

Agreed. Love how the chords and melodies float in the background of the bass riffs, then jump to the forefront for second half. And the minimal drum processing which always adds O.G. flava.

1 Like

Here’s 2 of my absolute favorites by him also.

At 1:50 he goes into a 4 on the floor drum beat and it’s so good, then back to the old breakbeat.

At just 0:16 in , it has these beautiful, far off reverb drenched textures with this 303 style melody on top. Such beauty in his music. A lot of his music takes the best parts of ambient, melodic Aphex Twin and combines it with the drum patterns of RDJ’s Analord phase. Can’t believe more don’t know about him. Though I only discovered him a few months ago.

7 Likes

To people here who also make music: Do you listen to your music a lot (outside of mixing, mastering etc)?

I make ambient generative synth jams and I listen to my tracks while I’m commuting to work most days. I usually make a track using one sound source (e.g. Zebra 2) and some field recordings. It’s nice for me to try to hear the character of a particular synth.

Otherwise I listen to bandcamp artists. I’ve been checking out those that have been tagged ‘Octatrack’ currently.

1 Like

I listen to my tracks a lot. Not because I like them though.
I listen to them on different headphones, in my car and in various different places as part of the mixing process. So often, tracks that sound great on my monitors sound awful in the car etc.
When I’m not critically examining my soundturds in the car I tend to listen to Whitehouse, because it keeps the cats away.

I don’t like cats.

4 Likes

When I finish a collection of music (album, EP, etc…), I listen to it quite a bit. The music I make is for myself, and what I want to hear, so it is usually my favorite thing for a while.

3 Likes
1 Like

Wriggle like a eel!!

Have you seen that video on YouTube for “why you never became a dancer”?
It’s gone a bit viral for some reason (something to do with teenagers and some app called tiktok) and has now had over 2 million views.
The comments section is full of teenagers from around the world saying things that make no sense, it’s fucking weird.

Have hidden the link here because Whitehouse are disgusting and offensive

1 Like

Just watched some of this, it is in fact “fucking weird”

Yeah, it’s not for everyone.

Hence the confusion at there suddenly being 2 million people having a look at it.

Wow, I just read the comment section of the Whitehouse video about some vid from TikTok and looked it up. The correlation between the two videos are super disturbing.

Some obey the walrus video?
Watched it, don’t get it.

I just figured it was all some teenage “watch this video if you dare” bullshit.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

1 Like