What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 2)

What a depressing bummer and loss. Rest in peace Master.

3 Likes
1 Like

Whole album is brilliant, mostly old American blues songs.

1 Like
2 Likes

New Scanner album is fantastic.

6 Likes

I saw Curve on their Cuckoo tour… honestly one of the most intense live bands I’ve ever seen. Way better sound than the album’s mix, sounded massive.

1 Like
2 Likes

Amazing stuff!

1 Like

Listening to this gorgeous record:

“Cortini makes a surprising departure on ‘Sonno’ by making use of little more than a Roland MC 202 fed through a delay pedal and ambient sound recordings taken in various hotel rooms recorded direct, sometimes into a small portable speaker system. “I liked to walk around the room with a handheld recorder to hear where the sequence would sound better, turn on faucets, open doors or windows to see how the ambient sounds would interact with the MC 202/delay/speaker sound…”.”

Just to nerd it out, does anybody knows what the delay pedal and the “small portable speaker system” was? But then I’d need to also know what the hotel rooms were ha ha.

3 Likes

@robinrimbaud your last album is amazing, I can’t put my finger on what makes it so special to my ears, but it’s lovely really.

If you got anything to tell on the subject, I’d be delighted!

1 Like

That’s really kind of you to say so. It’s my tribute to the library music of the 1960s and 1970s. I answer some of the obvious questions here:

But if you are interested I’m having this Bandcamp Listening Party on Thursday 25 Jan at 19.00 GMT where I will answer questions on track by track (if I can actually remember how i made some of them :grinning:)

4 Likes

Thanks Donovan, that’s super kind of you! It’s the first in a series. Next one out in March, a more Longford ambient album recorded in Captiva Florida using one synth and one effects pedal. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Perfect, thank you.
Good news, more output, new label. Seems you got a nice year ahead of you :slight_smile:

The end of the interview is :man_facepalming:

1 Like

yes, the interview was quite hilarious. He actually edited out some of my best gags too, I’ll save them for the live stream this week then :joy:

3 Likes

The recent Chelsea Wolfe releases are pretty intense! Somewhere between Portishead and NIN.

4 Likes