What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

After getting at copy of Far From Home | DR MYSTERY

I have been enjoying Dr Mystery’s shows on NTS

@Drummachinemike rules.

2 Likes

This music video is genius.
I want it projected on a wall at a show on a loop…
somehow the longer it plays the better it gets :slight_smile:

1 Like
5 Likes

Hope somebody will enjoy this as much as I do; this mix is simply awesome:

1 Like

I appreciate the listen. I have some new music coming soon as well that I will send over as soon as it gets closer to the release date.

1 Like

@editors noted will do next time, thanks for changing it to Bandcamp link

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Listening to this new album by Luke Vibert just as I write, I’m at the 4th track and once again, I’m thinking “simple, effective, never disapponts!”. 808 and 303 and friends, clever melodies and harmonies, simple and smart composition.

4 Likes

nice, didn’t know there was a new release

1 Like

I just found out. A great one IMHO.

I was listening to this album today which prompted an online search on Budd’s life.

“No, I cannot play the piano,” said Budd. “I can play what I play, I can play me, but I have a dyslexia when reading music. I’m not a professional musician. I hack away at it and the piano is convenient. By no means would a proper pianist consider me one.”

“I then had the good fortune to meet the Abstract Expressionist, artist, Mark Rothko. He asked me my age. I replied, ‘In my early 40s’. Rothko said, ‘I didn’t make a living until I was over 50.’ We sat around looking at the paintings that would eventually become the Rothko Chapel in Houston. We were sitting around smoking and drinking Scotch. [Avant-garde musical innovator] Morton Feldman, was with us too, talking about life, booze and chicks. So I thought, ok, I’ll stick it out. Rothko gave me encouragement.”

4 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

OH MAN…been a WHILE…I forgot DRØN :+1:t6:
thanks for the reminder

1 Like